Attendances

Just go back 20 years and look at average and lowest attendance of season at the obsessives ground.. You will be shocked!!! 95-96 season, whilst going on to win the league and cup double again, they had a top gate of 53,900 v forset. Lowest 31000... YES THIRTY ONE FUCKING THOUSAND!!!! And a whopping 40000 average.. Thats 14000 empty seats on average and a staggering 23000 empty seats on the lowest gate. Now don't let them lying deluded cunts tell you that they've always filled their ground because they talk incessant shite!!! They lie about their attendances(GMP report 2012-13) and they've always filled their squalid hovel.. YEAHHH RRRIGHHHTTT!!!!! So arm yourselves with these facts when you next have the misfortune to hear that stupid drone..'20000 empty seats are you fuckin sure'!! BELLENDS the lot of em!!!

@cleavers you might be mixing up myself with JGLO7 or i myself may be mistaken...it is rather late and i am tired lol!
i've not been to a CL home game since Dortmund,i live about 15 mins drive from the stadium,i don't feel like i missed out....bring on Saturday...

It's Horses for course's really, I haven't missed a home CL game for three years, I travel from Worthing West Sussex I'm lucky I can take time off work to attend. However, I prefer to see City pit themselves against the best from other league's. Nothing should be held against those who choose not to attend.
I would like the club to be a little more dynamic to help others getting to watch the games and create an atmosphere, no matter how many German fans turn up, we are always outsung.

I made a post week's ago on this subject and it was conveniently overlooked by Blues who seem to have a inferiority complex regarding attendances/atmosphere and so on.... Ignore the media bashing and the rag sheep who read that shit.

Most games, regardless of who is playing, which competition it is and so on - stadiums in this country often have empty seats.
Many empty seats are also paid for seats.

Get it in your head - it's a cultural thing.
Over in Germany atmosphere is choreographed, pre-planned like the tactics you see on the pitch whereas our singing is random, no organisation involved and the result is we will be quieter than the Orchestra type fans of foreign clubs.

Again - cultural.
Bundesliga tickets are much cheaper, with many clubs offering public transport access with the ticket.
Just quickly looking at the average age of BMG fans it was blatantly obvious who the 18-24yr old group were and which team the old codgers supported.
I'm 30, yet I'm one of the younger ones in my section with plenty of guys in the 50-60yr old group.

Introduce safe standing, offer cheaper tickets consistently throughout, provide better public transport as seen in Germany and we'ok be one step further to improve attendances/atmosphere.

Don't take the comments from the rag sheep and media personally.
Most of these cunts haven't even been to Old Toilet themselves.... So why even pay attention to their comments?
Fuck em.

Again.... Culture!!!!

When our youth can start to afford to go to matches consistently throughout the season, have easier access to public transport, you'll see a difference.

If all those Germans came to live here tomorrow, and supported city regularly, their incomes wouldn't be as good, a lot of em would be on the fucking dole, and would just end up watching it on the tv in a local pub like many English lads.

Tell me about it, mine is a 7 hour round trip at best, but I apologise for mentioning you personally in my post.

For the record, my point had absolutely nothing to do with 'empty seats', and everything to do with the game being a "dead rubber", which it wasn't. It would have been nice if more people could have supported the club in an important game though.

Totally agree with you, I've attended all 3 home games ( and this isn't my entry for the bestest biggest Blue before anyone starts). I travel from Leicester, suffering the M1, then the M6 car park and haven't been able to take the Mancunian Way all season. Tuesday night was nearly 4 hours there and 3 hours back. I went on Tuesday because it was FAR from a dead rubber and the team needed our support. But you know what, when it comes to last 16 tickets, or (hopefully) last 8 tickets against a glamorous club, all of a sudden the season ticket holders who couldn't be arsed will be after tickets. Unless everyone's apathy extends further than I thought..

Totally agree with you, I've attended all 3 home games ( and this isn't my entry for the bestest biggest Blue before anyone starts). I travel from Leicester, suffering the M1, then the M6 car park and haven't been able to take the Mancunian Way all season. Tuesday night was nearly 4 hours there and 3 hours back. I went on Tuesday because it was FAR from a dead rubber and the team needed our support. But you know what, when it comes to last 16 tickets, or (hopefully) last 8 tickets against a glamorous club, all of a sudden the season ticket holders who couldn't be arsed will be after tickets. Unless everyone's apathy extends further than I thought..

It is not really apathy though for many. Like you I have a significant distance to travel to attend home matches. For the Juventus match and West Ham I took the four days off so I could see both games as the 530 mile trip would be a bit onerous twice in a week. The Juventus game was the glamour tie and so yes I did prioritise it over the others. To me that is a logical decision as holidays are limited.

You are also correct if we get a glamour tie again I will prioritise that also rather than going against Moengengladbach the other night. They are the realities of life.

I'm a season ticket holder and I don't do Champions league. First year I haven't joined this cup scheme.

I have joined League Cup and FA Cup schemes.

SOME of us cannot afford the games others can. I also do not enjoy Champs League and very few around me in previous years were regulars. The whole competition does nothing for me.

If we ever get to a final try getting a ticket too.

Most won't be able to. For that reason alone I wouldn't go.

I did notice that this massive, full, packed, intimidating place with a huge atmosphere last night, somewhere in Athens, had a crowd of 33,000 or so.

Whereas City's 42,000 was apparently a very poor turnout.

well being as the ground in athens only holds 33,296

Not my point. They portray it as about 80,000 on TV. In fact it's just a relatively small ground compared to Etihad.

The impression certain people try to give is City having about 20,000 and Olympiakos about 80,000 for the CL game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.