Attendances

Think they should reduce the amount of season ticket holders in the family stand then charge £15 a match ticket for adults .people on hear say they don't care about empty seats but the players and owners and sponsors do look how many had left when Ya Ya scored they need the fans as the 12th man

Think they should reduce the amount of season ticket holders in the family stand then charge £15 a match ticket for adults .people on hear say they don't care about empty seats but the players and owners and sponsors do look how many had left when Ya Ya scored they need the fans as the 12th man

i dont think the family stand works, they need to make it smaller. if its a night game, midweek or cold then theres always loads of empty seats in the north stand. when we expand id move the family stand sections to the third tier and make behind the net a singing section

The club will probably know how many season tickets they sell in the family stand to wonder if it is worth it or not.When we first moved to this ground my season ticket was in there and it was the family stand in the top tier supposedly, though this seemed to be a bit confusing.I wouldn't recommend being in the lower tier of such a stand as the kids above found it great fun to throw stuff at the oinks below,as kids do,which was fucking irritating.

There were gaps all over the ground today i reckon there must have been a good 3 thousand short of what was quoted at least.

It has to be more than that surely?? That works out at £5 a game! Have you seen how much kids spend these days?? One example how spoilt they are is when there are groups of kids about they throw sweets at one another and/or crunch them all over the floor.When we were kids we ate every one as they were a treat.
During the wwwarrr!!!

During the wwwarrr!!!

Nowhere near the war mate but I tell you kids today ARE spoiled. I used to work on a passenger ferry and we sometimes took coach parties of up to 500 kids. On the way out they spent a fortune in the arcade games and still had shit loads of money to spend coming BACK after their break. The amount of mess and waste they left behind had to be seen to be believed,sweets all over the deck and expensive frappuccino's with just a sip out and left.Easy come easy go on their parents money a lot of them.

Turned into the grumpy old man thread.
.but yea it is a cultural thing with Football.
Our kids are spoilt, well served with entertainment...

I mean I thought I was a spoilt kid when Nickelodeon came out, but for today's kids they have a multitude of kids tv channels, minecraft, YouTube to watch some fucked else playing minecraft...

Sitting in the rain, cold?
They sit there bored on their parents smartphones or a Nintendo DS.

Appreciate there are still people going.

Give it 20yrs I believe matches will have CGI for supporters, with pre recorded atmosphere for the audio.
Football pitch with a huge green screen around it, showing CGI stadium and fans...

Whilst we humans watch the match at home.

i dont think the family stand works, they need to make it smaller. if its a night game, midweek or cold then theres always loads of empty seats in the north stand. when we expand id move the family stand sections to the third tier and make behind the net a singing section

Why are we expanding again?

Ha ha @Why Always Ste I am guilty of going a bit grumpy old man on it I will admit! You may have a point though I see the future being more watching it on tv with virtual reality technology or similar making it just like being there. I am off to my annual jaunt to Tenerife soon over the festive period and I watch the games live on tv there in a bar.The atmosphere is pretty good and you can often catch what is going on in other games too live on adjacent tv screens.I don't feel I miss out on a lot,certainly not the monsoon conditions like today and the appalling public transport home.

I think that the empty seats are created by the price of the season tickets.

I live in Devon and earn decent money, not spectacular but I was seriously tempted to buy a £299 season card. I have family and so wouldn't be able to attend that often but a guaranteed ticket for any game I wanted to attend, it seemed a good deal.

In the end I decided against it as I didn't think it was right, not because I couldn't afford it. I have spent more on a good night out ffs !

Like dave_blue12, I too could have bought a £299 sc but due to work and living dahn sarf I can only visit the homeland about five or six times a season.

If I am correct, the value season cards cannot be put on the club's Ticket Exchange. So it would mean the hassle of having to try and flog my ticket for every match I can't attend. So no guarantee that my seat would be occupied each Premier League game.

So I let the opportunity go and allowed someone else to purchase one.

If the club were to allow the cheaper scs onto the Ticket Exchange scheme we would have a better physical attendance IMHO. (And I would buy one.)

Nowhere near the war mate but I tell you kids today ARE spoiled. I used to work on a passenger ferry and we sometimes took coach parties of up to 500 kids. On the way out they spent a fortune in the arcade games and still had shit loads of money to spend coming BACK after their break. The amount of mess and waste they left behind had to be seen to be believed,sweets all over the deck and expensive frappuccino's with just a sip out and left.Easy come easy go on their parents money a lot of them.
I know where you're coming from mucker, I just couldn't resist the Uncle Albert quip. CTWD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.