Attendances

Apparently we set a new attendance record yesterday of 54,523, a whopping 21 more tickets sold than vs Bournemouth. Great support as ever, especially with Sunderland only bringing half their allocation. Just stranger that they've stopped announcing the attendance in the ground the last few games.
That attendance must presumably include the season ticket no-shows?

Yes, as it's a ticket sold. I'm sure all clubs do this anyway, and probably right because the seat is unavailable. There weren't as many ermpty seats yesterday (get a good view of it up in Level 3). I was sat in some shocking traffic getting home yesterday, and I'm only in Leve, so I can see why people leave 10 minutes early.

Yep like all clubs do announce tickets sold.

I'm sick of reading hearing when they announce the attendance "no way the attendance is 54k" It's TICKETS sold they not going to announce 51k are here today 3k can't be arsed and the away club only bought the bottoms tier.

If the club sold 54k tickets and no-one showed up at all, they wouldn't care. They get the money from the ticket sales regardless and that's all that really matters to them

Yep like all clubs do announce tickets sold.

I'm sick of reading hearing when they announce the attendance "no way the attendance is 54k" It's TICKETS sold they not going to announce 51k are here today 3k can't be arsed and the away club only bought the bottoms tier.
That would be piss funny if they did announce that though.

Definitely. Watching the highlights last night, there were visible empty seats in level 1 of the East Stand and, as per normal, in the North/family stand. Up to the individual why they don't turn up, obviously. As has been said earlier, the club won't be too bothered as the seats have been sold.

I'm sure with half of the north of England under water yesterday it would have affected people getting to the match.

Was never the real record crowd. That would have been Liverpool due to the added seats put in since the Chelsea game.

From what I've seen on Twitter a few of our more fair weather fans didn't go because of the rain.

But still, just the fact that the club can sell 54,500 tickets for a game against the likes of Sunderland on Boxing Day can only be a good sign, regardless of no-shows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.