Attendances

Yesterday was a day for the diehards. I was up shortly after 2a.m. to drive across Ireland in the pissing rain, in order to catch a 6:30 flight over to Manchester. You then sit through 90 minutes of what was served up before us. The weekend has knocked me back somewhere around £200 as well, taking everything into account. There were a couple of occasions during the afternoon when I thought "what the fuck am I doing?". But, it's what we do, isn't it? Looking around though, there were plenty of empty seats, particularly in the East Stand (probably the same in CB, where I was sat).

Maybe City should actually have a reward system in place for S/T holders that attend games. They could increase basic price but give a discount if you attend all or more than 90% of games so that people get the benefit of attending. So outcome that people that do attend games don't pay any more than they do now.

Oh and get rid of the shite pre match and half time entertainment and that shitty together video lol.

Not sure it's been mentioned, but level 3 of the away end looked full of City fans on the TV. TBH I don't sit up there, so I don't know if it was full. That's about 1000 City fans buying tickets in the away end. If Swansea had sold their full allocation, which is never the case, those 1000 City fans would have had to sit in other parts of the stadium.

If you think, over the years since moving to the Etihad, our hardcore of fans and season ticket sales has increased. It started off around 40,000, then went to 44,000, then it went up and down for a few years due to Pearce, then it climbed back to 46,000 when Mancini was in charge, and now it's around the 48,000-50,000 mark. In reality we've grown out hardcore fan base, that will turn up regardless, by 8000-10,000 fans. Of course I could be wrong, but I think that's a fair assessment.

Football has changed.(as you all know)

Taken from the fans gallery.

It's like an advert/photo shoot for Jacomo Clothing.

pitch%20side%20selfie.ashx

I know I'm in the minority, but I've always advocated a Spring-Summer-Autumn football season.

:-(

fansrainingA19U6592.ashx

i dont think the family stand works, they need to make it smaller. if its a night game, midweek or cold then theres always loads of empty seats in the north stand. when we expand id move the family stand sections to the third tier and make behind the net a singing section
Changing the North Stand into the Family Stand is the worst thing the club has done since the takeover.

Football has changed.(as you all know)

Taken from the fans gallery.

It's like an advert/photo shoot for Jacomo Clothing.

pitch%20side%20selfie.ashx

I know I'm in the minority, but I've always advocated a Spring-Summer-Autumn football season.

:-(

fansrainingA19U6592.ashx
I love the Winter footy. There's no such thing as bad weather, just wrong clothing. If it's cold wear enough clothes to keep you warm, if it's wet wear waterproofs. Simple as that. My favourite time of year is the Christmas run of games. It would be terrible to lose that.

Changing the North Stand into the Family Stand is the worst thing the club has done since the takeover.

i think its a good idea to get more kids in, but the amount of people in north stand who just dont show up is alarming. its the same few rows that are always empty. I have seen groups of kids from clubs and such, so maybe they can't find anyone for the seats ?

I love the Winter footy. There's no such thing as bad weather, just wrong clothing. If it's cold wear enough clothes to keep you warm, if it's wet wear waterproofs. Simple as that. My favourite time of year is the Christmas run of games. It would be terrible to lose that.

This argument and choice will go on for eternity.

Whether you believe the reasons for Christmas or not, to me it's a family occasion. Getting home matches over the Christmas period is great, but getting them away is pretty shit. I'm sure many City fans who go away out of loyalty would rather spend the day with their family.

The majority of managers and players would prefer a Winter break as well.

That aside, there's nothing better than ambling to a home match in August and September, wearing a t-shirt and shorts, then standing outside the pub, the Townley in my case, and having a chat and drink on a warm Summer's Evening. :-) Compare and contrast that to Yesterday.

Another thing that doesn't often get mentioned when comparing Summer to Winter football is the quality of play. Summer football is far more entertaining than Winter football. The elements have a massive impact on the quality of football on show, in my opinion.

I sat in level 3 east stand yesterday for the 1st time, I'm normally south stand but got 2 free tickets from mate who's a scout. I tried getting a song going and people just stare at you like you've got Leprosy.

Last edited:
Apparently we set a new attendance record yesterday of 54,523, a whopping 21 more tickets sold than vs Bournemouth. Great support as ever, especially with Sunderland only bringing half their allocation. Just strange that they've stopped announcing the attendance in the ground the last few games.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.