Attendances

thats just bullshit.

I've missed loads of games recently. I Do use ticket exchange.
But my Dad misses loads of games through ill health. Doesnt use ticket exchange because he is 70, in and out of hospital and doesnt use the internet.
When he is well he loves going to games, but cant gurantee he will be well enough until the actual day of the game, so buying a singlematch ticket isnt really a possiblity.
You want to punish a blue who has been attending for over 60 years because we get abuse from opposition fans?

Shut the fuck up and man up.
Watch your mouth for a start and try and have a discussion like a grown up.

We have sold out most matches for the last three or four seasons but get in the region of 5,000 no shows each week (unless it's a 'big' game when all of a sudden every can make it).

Now either we have the sickliest, most weather hit, Mick Hucknall supporting fan base in comparison to similar clubs that sell out, or there's another reason for all the empty (yet sold) seats each game.

Any game that sells out, like Boxing Day, but has so many non-attendees means other fans are being shut out, nor does it help the team/atmosphere.

If you disagree with people not utilising ticket exchange/lending their tickets to mates etc for more than five games a season (1/4 of the matches) having their SC suspended for the following year then fair enough. The club are unlikely to take up my proposal anyway. But as I say, and has been said by others, the relative 'cheapness' of our season tickets may help them sell out in record time each season, but it doesn't exactly encourage people to use their ticket and attend each match. The club are also aware of the issue (such that it is), hence the emails they send out asking non-attendees why they couldn't make it.

thats just bullshit.

I've missed loads of games recently. I Do use ticket exchange.
But my Dad misses loads of games through ill health. Doesnt use ticket exchange because he is 70, in and out of hospital and doesnt use the internet.
When he is well he loves going to games, but cant gurantee he will be well enough until the actual day of the game, so buying a singlematch ticket isnt really a possiblity.
You want to punish a blue who has been attending for over 60 years because we get abuse from opposition fans?

Shut the fuck up and man up.

There's an exception to every rule isn't there and no-one I am sure would want to bar someone due to ill health.

But the row after row of empty seats you see at some games are not all from ill people, far from it. There's a significant faction of relatively wealthy supporters who pay for their season tickets without thought and then go to 5 or 10 games a season, sometimes less, every season. I don't think that's right personally.

You explain it then.

I think he's spot on.
Wouldnt waste my time, what people choose to do with their season ticket is up to them. Can't quite understand how or why someone would come to that conclusion though. I wouldnt have a clue how many games other supporters go to, and their reasons for not going to more.

As far as I know tickets for home games are all on sale now, so these hordes of people currently being deprived of a seat should have no problems getting a ticket now.

Wouldnt waste my time, what people choose to do with their season ticket is up to them. Can't quite understand how or why someone would come to that conclusion though. I wouldnt have a clue how many games other supporters go to, and their reasons for not going to more.

As far as I know tickets for home games are all on sale now, so these hordes of people currently being deprived of a seat should have no problems getting a ticket now.

The Club could always close the gap a bit between the cheaper season cards and match day tickets.

I agree. Single match tickets are way too expensive atm.

Yes, there seems to be more Clubs (outside London) offering more affordable match day tickets. I notice this from what we are paying for away games like the £36 for Watford.

Well the club know exactly how many don't attend don't they.

They are also trying to ascertain why so many don't attend having paid for a ticket, hence the emails.

You say you wouldn't waste your time coming up with a reason why this problem is particularly endemic at City, yet do waste your time pulling another poster up for his opinion on this thread, which seems odd.

Watch your mouth for a start and try and have a discussion like a grown up.

We have sold out most matches for the last three or four seasons but get in the region of 5,000 no shows each week (unless it's a 'big' game when all of a sudden every can make it).

Now either we have the sickliest, most weather hit, Mick Hucknall supporting fan base in comparison to similar clubs that sell out, or there's another reason for all the empty (yet sold) seats each game.

Any game that sells out, like Boxing Day, but has so many non-attendees means other fans are being shut out, nor does it help the team/atmosphere.

If you disagree with people not utilising ticket exchange/lending their tickets to mates etc for more than five games a season (1/4 of the matches) having their SC suspended for the following year then fair enough. The club are unlikely to take up my proposal anyway. But as I say, and has been said by others, the relative 'cheapness' of our season tickets may help them sell out in record time each season, but it doesn't exactly encourage people to use their ticket and attend each match. The club are also aware of the issue (such that it is), hence the emails they send out asking non-attendees why they couldn't make it.

With regards to Boxing day selling out, I usually miss three games a season due to holidays and I never want to leave my seat empty so I used to give my ticket to an elderly chap who is now too old to go. So this season not wanting to have my seat empty I have tried the ticket exchange twice but both times it has been unsold. It is a good seat on SS level two but curiously even though the game is sold out the seat is not sold. I'm not bothered about the money aspect but the problem is, if you sell the seat yourself or give it free (which I am happy to do) you don't know whether the person will end up getting you banned......it's just not worth it to fill your seat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.