Attending my first ever City game on 26th Oct

I figured that since I've been a fan before the takeover (see my login registration) and who knows if this isn't Guardiola's last season with us, it's finally time after almost 20 years to attend my first City game. It will be the one against Southampton at home, and I can't fucking wait.

Ticket is bought, flight ticket and accomodation not yet, but since I live in Budapest, and Wizzair came up with the "all you can fly" subscription, I paid 500€ up front for the next year to have the option to buy (one-way) flights for 10€ but earliest 3 days before the flight. I just checked and today I could buy the one to Birmingham in 3 days, so the plan is to buy the Budapest-Birmingham flight for 25.10. when the opportunity arises. Then a train from Birmingham and I should be still easily there in Manchester around noon on Friday. Then I'd be probably fly back (from somewhere) on Sunday 27.10.

Any recommendations, tips about...well, Manchester? Be it football or not. It's unlikely I will have time for too many things, and I'm already planning another visit, sometime maybe in January or February, if I could catch two home games in a row, but still... What if this is my first and last game ever? What are the musts? Any places, pubs, restaurants, museums, parks etc. are well appreciated. And of course, if someone is up for a pint to meet with a foreign virtual buddy, I guess I'm all in before or after the game. :)
Welcome to the club blue. Hope it's a belter!

Where is your ticket in the ground and are you coming over solo ?
Yes, solo. Block 306, row AA, seat 160.

Thanks so much already for the so many posts and the lovely reception. :)

I will definitely think over whether I want to catch a flight from Liverpool/Birmingham on a Sunday, or rather do it on a Monday after. And yes, I've heard all the bad rumours about the trains and know something about the prices. And there are even direct flights with Ryanair, but I want to make that shitty Wizzair discount count... :D

Have a brilliant time. You will be experiencing the best City in the world in two senses. Manchester the history, the beauty of the buildings, the people and then City the club, the football, the beautiful stadium and, once again the people.
Enjoy every minute. Welcome to the BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD. :-) :-)

As a fairly infrequent visitor to Manchester myself, I enjoy the Northern Quarter area whenever I'm down, wee bar called Tib Street Tavern was great all be it I haven't been in there for years now. That area is very close to Piccadilly where you can easily get the tram to the Etihad campus or walk half an hour or so.

Have a great time.

Yes, solo. Block 306, row AA, seat 160.

Thanks so much already for the so many posts and the lovely reception. :)

I will definitely think over whether I want to catch a flight from Liverpool/Birmingham on a Sunday, or rather do it on a Monday after. And yes, I've heard all the bad rumours about the trains and know something about the prices. And there are even direct flights with Ryanair, but I want to make that shitty Wizzair discount count... :D
Just to be clear pal, cos there’s some contrary bastards on here -

Bishops Blaize is a rag pub near the swamp

Mary D’s is a City pub but it’s an absolute shithole

Enjoy your trip

Enjoy your trip
After reading the reactions to those suggestions, I figured something is sketchy. :) So far I have the football museum and the library on my list, and from the pubs/restos: Marble Arch, Rudy's, Cask, Sinclair Oyster, Tib Street Tavern, The Old Wellington. Already quite the exhaustive list.

Thanks again to everyone so much.

After reading the reactions to those suggestions, I figured something is sketchy. :) So far I have the football museum and the library on my list, and from the pubs/restos: Marble Arch, Rudy's, Cask, Sinclair Oyster, Tib Street Tavern, The Old Wellington. Already quite the exhaustive list.

Thanks again to everyone so much.
I think you’ll be fine with that pal

Enjoy your trip
This does my fuckin head in, just because you think it's a 'shithole' shouldn't put other fans off, I had Friends come over from New Zealand a few years ago and they absolutely loved it in the back room with the atmosphere, singing and DJ.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.