Attending my first ever City game on 26th Oct

I figured that since I've been a fan before the takeover (see my login registration) and who knows if this isn't Guardiola's last season with us, it's finally time after almost 20 years to attend my first City game. It will be the one against Southampton at home, and I can't fucking wait.

Ticket is bought, flight ticket and accomodation not yet, but since I live in Budapest, and Wizzair came up with the "all you can fly" subscription, I paid 500€ up front for the next year to have the option to buy (one-way) flights for 10€ but earliest 3 days before the flight. I just checked and today I could buy the one to Birmingham in 3 days, so the plan is to buy the Budapest-Birmingham flight for 25.10. when the opportunity arises. Then a train from Birmingham and I should be still easily there in Manchester around noon on Friday. Then I'd be probably fly back (from somewhere) on Sunday 27.10.

Any recommendations, tips about...well, Manchester? Be it football or not. It's unlikely I will have time for too many things, and I'm already planning another visit, sometime maybe in January or February, if I could catch two home games in a row, but still... What if this is my first and last game ever? What are the musts? Any places, pubs, restaurants, museums, parks etc. are well appreciated. And of course, if someone is up for a pint to meet with a foreign virtual buddy, I guess I'm all in before or after the game. :)

Rag.

Do I have any other option with public transport? I mean, apart from flying straight to Manchester, but due to my discount, I'm almost sure I am taking the flight to Birmingham on Friday.

The museum goes on to my list! Thanks.
Birmingham International train station is attached to Birmingham airport and should have regular servixes to Mcr Piccadilly. When you get to Piccadilly Escape to Freight Island is close by with various food and drink options. Plenty of pubs and bars to suit all tastes in Central Manchester. As mentioned earlier National football musuem is probably worth a visit and some decent places around Ancoats which is on the way to the stadium.

Last edited:
Birmingham International train station is attached to Birmingham airport and should have regular servixes to Mcr Piccadilly. When you get to Piccadilly Escape to Freight Island is close by with various food and drink options. Plenty of pubs and bars to suit all tastes in Central Manchester. As mentioned earlier National football musuem is probably worth a visit and some decent places around Ancoats which is on the way to the stadium.
Thanks a lot, the connections (and perhaps tickets) is definitely something I will study over the weekend and would likely arrange it asap.

Thanks a lot, the connections (and perhaps tickets) is definitely something I will study over the weekend and would likely arrange it asap.
It is very easy and cheap to get from Manchester Airport to the city centre on a train.

Birmingham would be a pain in the arse. Worth paying a bit more for that convenience.

I'd suggest you get a hotel near the northern Quarter. It's perfect for getting to the ground and decent pubs also easy walk to the football museum. There's 2 travelodges but avoid the one in picadilly Gardens or if you can.

That doesn't sound half as shit as you think it does. I'd still have a great time if all of this happens. :)
The Co-op Live would be a good shout for you mate, they are displaying the PL trophy, world club trophy and community shield on Wednesday night before the Sparta game ..

Was thinking of giving it a try myself, £5 entry but you get that back in a voucher to spend on ale or food..

It is very easy and cheap to get from Manchester Airport to the city centre on a train.

Birmingham would be a pain in the arse. Worth paying a bit more for that convenience.

I'd suggest you get a hotel near the northern Quarter. It's perfect for getting to the ground and decent pubs also easy walk to the football museum. There's 2 travelodges but avoid the one in picadilly Gardens or if you can.

It is cheap to get to town from the Airport, £2 on the 43/103 buses.

It is cheap to get to town from the Airport, £2 on the 43/103 buses.

Might well be cheap but it takes about a week.

If the trains are running ok, I’d pay the extra any day for about a 15 minute journey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.