Attending my first ever City game on 26th Oct

The Co-op Live would be a good shout for you mate, they are displaying the PL trophy, world club trophy and community shield on Wednesday night before the Sparta game ..

Was thinking of giving it a try myself, £5 entry but you get that back in a voucher to spend on ale or food..
Won't be open as there is boxing on in the evening.

Quick heads up: you lot made me convince to go to the National Football Museum on Friday, and looking at the pub, I could then just have a walk in the park and check the Cathedral and/or some nearby pub. Someone mentioned the Sinclair Oyster bar, which based on the reviews, is quite a polarizing place. But I'd be nice to try out a beer I never tried yet. And on principle alone, I find the no-phone and classic old school policy interesting.

However, one review says you cannot pay by card, the other says you can... Can you? And even if you do, I guess not with your phone then? :D

(Or even on Sunday, since the museum is open on Sundays, but the library isn't. I don't even know why I am so adamant visiting the library, and already feel bad that I was accused of being posh on here, when I was only trying to be polite to take on the advice to visit the John Rylands too. :D)

Last edited:
Quick heads up: you lot made me convince to go to the National Football Museum on Friday, and looking at the pub, I could then just have a walk in the park and check the Cathedral and/or some nearby pub. Someone mentioned the Sinclair Oyster bar, which based on the reviews, is quite a polarizing place. But I'd be nice to try out a beer I never tried yet. And on principle alone, I find the no-phone and classic old school policy interesting.

However, one review says you cannot pay by card, the other says you can... Can you? And even if you do, I guess not with your phone then? :D

(Or even on Sunday, since the museum is open on Sundays, but the library isn't. I don't even know why I am so adamant visiting the library, and already feel bad that I was accused of being posh on here, when I was only trying to be polite to take on the advice to visit the John Rylands too. :D)
Forgot to mention Chetham's Library, which is the oldest free public reference library in the English-speaking world, right next door to the Catherdal.

You have to book a tour in advance but it is a fabulous place to visit. It is the meeting place of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, when Marx visited Manchester in the summer of 1845

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.