Attitudes to Disabled People

So they’ve had to stop shouting sexual abuse at women and moved on to disabled people. It’s obviously still irking you to mention it. They moved because they knew they were wrong and been caught. Get to the site office on Tuesday. Depending on how far you want it to go either give a full description or not. If you don’t give a description at least they will all get briefed about it and hopefully realise what twats they are.

Try not to let it ruin your weekend mate.
Im relatively new to disability and mentally, it kills me as I have been so active throughout my life.

I don't venture out much now, but love to take my Lab out daily.

I don't seek sympathy from those I encounter, but manners and respect should be a given, and this is the first instance where I have been the brunt of someone's weird sense of humour. Yes, it has hurt me, but it won't stop me taking my gorgeous dog out daily, and as someone else said, it speaks volumes about them.

wear a bodycam. Its the way forward. Once everyone knows they're potentially on camera they will behave. cctv everywhere would solve a lot of problems but I am going off kilter.

Report it to their manager, thankfully those attitudes are not acceptable anymore .

Wow that made me so angry, thankfully (hopefully?) these cunts are exceptions to the rule and you generally find yourself greeted with kindness.

Sorry that happened to you mate, they were probably reds, have a horribly sad life and the only enjoyment they can get is taking the piss out of what they perceive as the less fortunate. But take solace in the fact that you may not be able to use your legs like you used to, but you’re not one of those cunts.

Wow that made me so angry, thankfully (hopefully?) these cunts are exceptions to the rule and you generally find yourself greeted with kindness.

Sorry that happened to you mate, they were probably reds, have a horribly sad life and the only enjoyment they can get is taking the piss out of what they perceive as the less fortunate. But take solace in the fact that you may not be able to use your legs like you used to, but you’re not one of those cunts.
It’s always exceptions to the rule. mossideblue could be unfortunate enough to face this from different people every day in his life, but still 95% of people would still be the kind and respectful chunk of the nation, he’d just be unfortunate to face the 5% regularly. It’s always the minority that spoil it for everyone else and who can skew popular opinion on the state of the nation. But nearly everyone is a normal decent person.

I have had to put up with attitudes like this for years, due to using the disabled toilets.
Years ago I would try to justify myself and explain my condition. Now I just tell people to go fuck themselves, its none of their business.

To the OP, you will have enough to deal with as it is. Pay no attention to what anyone else says or thinks.

It’s always exceptions to the rule. mossideblue could be unfortunate enough to face this from different people every day in his life, but still 95% of people would still be the kind and respectful chunk of the nation, he’d just be unfortunate to face the 5% regularly. It’s always the minority that spoil it for everyone else and who can skew popular opinion on the state of the nation. But nearly everyone is a normal decent person.
You're absolutely right, everyone else I have encountered has been great, it was just this first time occurrence yesterday upset me and my confidence

You're absolutely right, everyone else I have encountered has been great, it was just this first time occurrence yesterday upset me and my confidence
Unfortunately, it’s not the decent people who leave the lasting impression on us all most of the time. While it’s nice to be in the company of a kind hearted person, or even just a normal person (don’t have to be kind hearted, just not a ****!), the nice feeling you get from that often isn’t as powerful as the infuriating or embarrassing feeling you get from encounters with cunts.

So we have to actively reinforce the importance of the decent people to ourselves.

You only have to read this forum to see what goes on in the world from littering to pollution to sexism to racism to extremism to dodgy politicians and journalists... but all these people are in that minority. The rest of us are the majority.

My legs are totally shot and I can no longer walk or stand up without holding on to something, else I would fall.

To go out, which I still love to do with my dog, I use my WAV and walk my dog whilst using my mobility scooter.

In the main, people are great with me, but yesterday I suffered total humiliation as I was laughed at by two grown men working on a site.

As I went past, one started to point and laugh and the other said in a voice clearly loud enough for me to hear, there's the dog taking his spazzer out for his fresh air.

Normally, I wouldn't wish my condition on anyone, but yesterday I made an exception.

I shouted back at them, telling them to get fucked, but they scampered off.

Some people just cannot help but take the piss out of Disabled people, for those that do it, words fail me.
I have become somewhat disabled in recent years due to RA. My main problem is my legs. I walk very slowly and wobble! I have to stop every few yards as the pain builds up. Very frustrating for an inveterate hill walker.
The first time I was abused by two blokes for 'being an old twat who can't walk' (their words), I was too shocked to say anything. Thinking about it later, I resolved to fight back.
Some time later I was confronted by a guy about 30ish, giving me grief.
I said to him: "I may be old and knackered now, but when I was in the army I could break your back with ease. I expect I could still do it."
This was a complete lie, I was never in the army, but being unable to physically take guys on, it seemed a good strategy. It worked. He scurried away, shit scared.
In contrast, most ppl are kind and thoughtful. Often, when I am doing one of my stops, usually holding on to a wall or something, ppl come up and ask if I am ok. I take them to be the correct examples of humanity and take heart from their concern.
And don't start on my deafness!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.