Audi Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Audi Cup 2013 in Munich

Just translated the letter I got with my tickets which in my best googleese reads
Between 21052013 to 25082013 renew SWM / MVG one of the main metro namely the distance between Studentstadt, Freimann und Kieferngarten. The 2013 and 2014 planned renovation and rehabilitation measures in this section are our top priority, as they are relevant to the system for the subway.
In this period it is not possible to go directly to the U6 to the Allianz Arena
An approach for the rail replacement bus service will (shuttle bus to the alliance and back) worked for the Munich Games of FC Bayern, the concept is adopted and prescaled in the next few weeks.
We want, however, already indicates that you need to plan in this period deuthlich more time for the arrival and departure of the Allianz Arena, since a use of shuttle buses, the capacity of the underground control operation can not be achieved.
Nevertheless, we recommend you to use the shuttle buses and not to travel by car. At too high a volume of traffic arrivals can not be guaranteed with the car a timely arrival before kickoff.

In English this relates to the closure of the U6 underground line for three stops south of the ground. This is the only underground stop that serves the ground so looking at the map http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/fileadmin/media/Dateien/plaene/pdf/netz13_A4_Englisch.pdf we would have to get off at Studentstadt to get a bus to the station (Freimann und Kieferngarten) one stop shy of the ground (Frottmaning)which means a long delay in getting to the ground (and they cant promise that the buses will cope with the capacity needed) so no bailing out of the Augustine Keller at 10 minutes to kick off and if you do leave it late, don't drive!

The one advantage is that there are two games so not everyone will be trying to get there at the same time and if we don't play Bayern then it should be a lot easier.

danebanksheik said:
Just translated the letter I got with my tickets which in my best googleese reads
Between 21052013 to 25082013 renew SWM / MVG one of the main metro namely the distance between Studentstadt, Freimann und Kieferngarten. The 2013 and 2014 planned renovation and rehabilitation measures in this section are our top priority, as they are relevant to the system for the subway.
An approach for the rail replacement bus service will (shuttle bus to the alliance and back) worked for the Munich Games of FC Bayern, the concept is adopted and prescaled in the next few weeks.
We want, however, already indicates that you need to plan in this period deuthlich more time for the arrival and departure of the Allianz Arena, since a use of shuttle buses, the capacity of the underground control operation can not be achieved.
Nevertheless, we recommend you to use the shuttle buses and not to travel by car. At too high a volume of traffic arrivals can not be guaranteed with the car a timely arrival before kickoff.

In English this relates to the closure of the U6 underground line for three stops south of the ground. This is the only underground stop that serves the ground so looking at the map http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/fileadmin/media/Dateien/plaene/pdf/netz13_A4_Englisch.pdf we would have to get off at Studentstadt to get a bus to the station (Freimann und Kieferngarten) one stop shy of the ground (Frottmaning)which means a long delay in getting to the ground (and they cant promise that the buses will cope with the capacity needed) so no bailing out of the Augustine Keller at 10 minutes to kick off and if you do leave it late, don't drive!

The one advantage is that there are two games so not everyone will be trying to get there at the same time and if we don't play Bayern then it should be a lot easier.

In other words,taxis.

allan harper said:
danebanksheik said:

In other words,taxis.

No - it is Germany. It will work. You just should not leave the beer temples too late and plan in a delay. And the fans will look both matches - not only go to the Bayern matches!

allan harper said:
Maldeika said:
allan harper said:
We're on the same wave length mate, it's a jungle out there.

What are you interested in apart from beer and football?

There is a movie theatre that still shows the Rocky Horror Picture Show every Friday and Saturday night in the late night show. Since the 70s...

Or the German Museum that is pretty interesting when you are interested into technics.

I'm going with someone who speaks fluent German, so we will be asking the locals where what and when. We are just starting to look at hostels and hotels around the main train station area. For the champions league game we stayed too far away from it last time. The walk to the train station the morning after rough as fuck nearly killed me.
we stayed at the winters hotel opposite the train station basic but ok ,there is a beer garden just up the road owned by the augustiner in the centre also a aldi for for beer and wine

frothy said:
allan harper said:
Maldeika said:
What are you interested in apart from beer and football?

There is a movie theatre that still shows the Rocky Horror Picture Show every Friday and Saturday night in the late night show. Since the 70s...

Or the German Museum that is pretty interesting when you are interested into technics.

I'm going with someone who speaks fluent German, so we will be asking the locals where what and when. We are just starting to look at hostels and hotels around the main train station area. For the champions league game we stayed too far away from it last time. The walk to the train station the morning after rough as fuck nearly killed me.
we stayed at the winters hotel opposite the train station basic but ok ,there is a beer garden just up the road owned by the augustiner in the centre also a aldi for for beer and wine

Nice bit of info that mate, after the match we ended up in a small bar opposite the train station drinking black Sambuccas till the wee hours with a group of lads from Droyalsden. Good trip that. I hope it's going to be just as hot.

frasermcfc said:
dowty said:
Once registered, how many tickets can you purchase?

I got 4 didn't appear to be any limit.
same here but don't checkout till you have added both days tickets if you are doing both cos it will charge you two lots of DHL costs

Can't go.

All holidays booked up that week in work.

Toss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.