Aug 12th 2012....Your Club needs you !

Only two RES VIEW sections left now.

RMancini said:
Thinking of going to this, can anyone give me more information on the restricted view seats, in what way are they restricted?

Hard to see where there are any restricted views at Villa Park, perhaps they mean the corners.

Aston-Villa--Villa-Park-General_1057761.jpg

OABAAB said:
Shirley said:
I am totally fckin flabbergasted how any City fan can say this is only a friendly.
34 years and it has not took long to be like em.

There's a name for em " Jonny come lately's"

OABAAB You are a complete and utter tool !!!

What do you know of anyone that isn't going ? And what gives you the right to say that. You are the type of person that I would never discuss football with, I'm guessing never ever played the game

I used to worry about our attendances mainly due to the stick rags would give me for the next week, i even used to criticise City fans who couldn't be bothered going but then i realised that i was infact being embarrasing when really like now, i shouldn't have given a shit.

I'm not going because i don't want to pay £35 for a meaningless friendly, yes you win a plate at the end of it but who gives a shit? i want to win it but i'm not arsed if we don't. When nani scored that winner last season i wasn't gutted, i couldn't wait for the season to start.

A few years ago we barely took 1,500 to Villa Park, now we are embarrassing for only taking 10,000. Crazy!

Those who are going enjoy it, those who aren't enjoy it, simple as that.

I got a ticket today. Didn't think I'd get 1when they said you needed 9000points at first. Don't get the way they sell away game it's stupid

fathellensbellend said:
danburge82 said:
It's so important that one year the first division champions Derby and the FA Cup winners Leeds declined the invitation to play in the game. Instead fourth placed City and third division champions Villa (yes, third division!) played in it instead.

It's not important at all. We played 54 games last season, the Community Shield was the 55th most important game just ahead of the 56th 57th and 58th most important ones in the Dublin Supercup. People moaned last year when we took 22000 to Wembley for it yet could barely muster that for a home game in the League Cup against Brum when that game was more important. There were no threads telling everyone off for not bothering going to that were there?! And we barely mustered 10000 more than that (with 5500 Liverpool fans) for the League Cup semi-final which was miles more important than the fucking Comm' Shield!

If you think it's important, fine. Go, enjoy it, sing some songs, then forget about it like everyone else for another twelve months. But don't bang on at people who don't want to go because they think it's just an exhibition game (which it is!). There may be 60 more important games than the Comm' Shield this coming season, I bet you all wont be at all 60 so why moan at us for not being at possibly the 61st most important?!

cannot see how you arrive at city only taking 22000 to last years community shield, the attendance was over 77000, club wembley was only half full, so if you split the 90000 capacity into 2, a maximum 45000 could have sat at uniteds end, which it didnt because club wembley was half full, there was easy 30k plus in the city end all told
If that's the case (I think both clubs were offered 35000 tickets) that we had over 30000 then that raises my point further; we had fewer fans at a more important game against Brum in the League Cup and barely beat it with a game that was miles more important in the semi-final against Liverpool. If that happens again this season should I come on and call out a load of Blues and moan at them about not going to League Cup games? Because the reaction to the ticket sales at this and last years Comm' Shield has been fucking stupid!

Remember a few of years back, the hype when Utd were in for the Quintuple and the press included the World Super Cup and Charity Shield..... What a joke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.