Aurelien Tchouameni

Spends a lot of time on the ground - bit Otamendi ish in his tackles ...

since when do we play with 2 CDM's mate? come on. a cheap backup will do fine there's absolutely no need to go big for every single player.

Name a cheap back up under 40 mil? I don't think in this market you can get a CDM that cheap, nunes maybe if sporting accept a fee under the release clause.

I don't want a backup to Rodri. The player should come in and challenge him. Tchouameni could be that player. He will want to impress and get to a world cup and he's nailed on to be part of the next great French midfield alongside Camavinga etc.

Anyone who thinks we sign “backups” need to look at Ake. He can’t even be called a backup anymore, he steps in and does the job as well as the other ones, even if it took him a season to get settled. Pep has explicitly talked about this, he works with a smaller number but all top, top players. So Fernandinho will go and we will need someone of a top quality, who if Rodri is injured for the season will do the job as well, simple as that. Or dare I say, some so good that they could naturally end up playing more games than Rodri if he’s able to take over the position. No, we won’t rely on Gundogan for that and even less will we rely on an Academy kid — this is Pep we’re talking about. I think Tchouameni would do take the role well. He isn’t the only one, obviously, but there aren’t many, and they won’t be cheap (for us especially)

Anyone who thinks we sign “backups” need to look at Ake. He can’t even be called a backup anymore, he steps in and does the job as well as the other ones, even if it took him a season to get settled. Pep has explicitly talked about this, he works with a smaller number but all top, top players. So Fernandinho will go and we will need someone of a top quality, who if Rodri is injured for the season will do the job as well, simple as that. Or dare I say, some so good that they could naturally end up playing more games than Rodri if he’s able to take over the position. No, we won’t rely on Gundogan for that and even less will we rely on an Academy kid — this is Pep we’re talking about. I think Tchouameni would do take the role well. He isn’t the only one, obviously, but there aren’t many, and they won’t be cheap (for us especially)

Ake cost 40 mil as well. Don’t think you can get cheap back ups. What Monaco want for Tchouameni is a bargain 60 to 70 mil euros.

mate ake is still very much a backup. and we need a backup right now, because dias is injured and walker's injured.
and that's actually the perfect example for why we need to get a 30m player and not a 70m player. imagine if in ake's position right now we had a 70m player, with how little minutes he's gotten this season? you'd have a word of trouble keeping them happy. You need someone to fill in in these exact scenarios.

Right now we don't have defensive problems even with the tiredness and injuries because we invested in that ~30m backup, we need to do the same for the CDM position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.