Avanti west coast trains

So day 1 of new company
Website Crashes
You can no longer book a seat
First Trains from London have no refreshments, not even tea, or staff!
Trains running late

Has anyone managed to get any "cheap" tickets with this lot yet. I've tried a couple of times but from Milton Keynes it always seems to be £36 single or £72 return, with no discounts ever available on match days, used to be able to do the return for that (or less) for some home games with virgin, especially with the season ticket discount they had.

I wonder if they are trying to put off football supporters ?

Has anyone managed to get any "cheap" tickets with this lot yet. I've tried a couple of times but from Milton Keynes it always seems to be £36 single or £72 return, with no discounts ever available on match days, used to be able to do the return for that (or less) for some home games with virgin, especially with the season ticket discount they had.

I wonder if they are trying to put off football supporters ?
I am booked to go to London Euston on 1st March. I booked mid -December and got a return fare of £55. (No railcards). I checked the current prices yesterday and the return fare is now £92.
Seems that you have to book early to get a decent discount.
I just hope that City don't fuck up on the 29th Jan.

You'd hope not now.
If City should fall at the last hurdle,i will have to swallow some humble pie,register on Redcafe and see if any Rag wants a cheap train ticket.
And then douse myself in Dettol to rid myself of the stigma.
Or alternatively just say "Fuck It" and write off my £55.
Thinking about it,the second option looks better every way you look at it.

I’m London based and the walk on fare to Cardiff or Swansea is from £80 to £90 for off peak trains. They’re never going to get people out of their cars at these prices.

Manchester isn’t tempting in a few weeks if it’s silly money and a shit service. Dry trains was one belter...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.