Avanti west coast trains

Hoping somebody can help me.

Looking to book a train to London Euston in November, but there's no options for the train back on Sunday to Manchester on Sunday, infact all Sundays are blanked out.

Is this due to engineering work and no trains are actually on or are trains actually on and i is just a free for all getting on any train with an open return ticket?
They don't release advance tickets for Sundays until engineering works have been finalised, I had to wait until about a month before the travel date to book my ticket back from the south coast the day after the Brighton match.

Avanti are launching a new kind of ticket called Super Saver .
You pick a day you want to travel ( to London) and they ask you to specify whether you want to travel, morning, afternoon or evening, between 7-21 days in advance.
They then match you to a quiet train about 24 hours beforehand.
Tickets are priced between £12 -£24 ,with no railcard discount available.
So if you can be flexible on your travelling times, there are some pretty cheap fares available.
Avanti and rail companies in general are still about 20% down on pre-pandemic numbers, so they are desperate to lure passengers back.The initiative will be trialled until July and then reviewed again .
All the details are on the MEN website if anyone is interested.

I have just used them this week, everything was fine.

Their performance has definitely improved since they recruited and trained sufficient drivers to operate the timetabled service.
One added bonus for me is that Stafford is now served by the Manchester rather than the Liverpool route so I no longer have to listen to gobby Scouse onboard staff!

Liverpool to London and back again the other week was fine. I purposely chose a later afternoon train to avoid Dippers and Rags going up to Anfield for the 7-0.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.