Avanti west coast trains

Has anyone managed to get any "cheap" tickets with this lot yet. I've tried a couple of times but from Milton Keynes it always seems to be £36 single or £72 return, with no discounts ever available on match days, used to be able to do the return for that (or less) for some home games with virgin, especially with the season ticket discount they had.

I wonder if they are trying to put off football supporters ?

I’ve found if you use the discount link it does provide a discount but just using the app and trying promotion gives different fares. Just looked and if your planning for this weekend it’s 18 from Milton Keynes at certain times just before noon and about 30 for the journey back.

Hoping somebody can help me.

Looking to book a train to London Euston in November, but there's no options for the train back on Sunday to Manchester on Sunday, infact all Sundays are blanked out.

Is this due to engineering work and no trains are actually on or are trains actually on and i is just a free for all getting on any train with an open return ticket?

Looking to book a train to London Euston in November, but there's no options for the train back on Sunday to Manchester on Sunday, infact all Sundays are blanked out.

Is this due to engineering work and no trains are actually on or are trains actually on and i is just a free for all getting on any train with an open return ticket?

I was having the same issue for December, I wanted to take the family to London for a couple of days. I think they haven’t confirmed the timetable yet and you can sign up for email alerts. It did keep coming up as £265 return though in the basket, so maybe is an open return?

Anyway we decided to drive as the cost is astronomical and stay just outside London. Have no idea how they can justify the prices.

I was having the same issue for December, I wanted to take the family to London for a couple of days. I think they haven’t confirmed the timetable yet and you can sign up for email alerts. It did keep coming up as £265 return though in the basket, so maybe is an open return?

Anyway we decided to drive as the cost is astronomical and stay just outside London. Have no idea how they can justify the prices.

Good idea re the driving. Virgin just used to do around £70 open return and costs are now ridiculous unless you book way in advance.

We aren't desperate to go. We've ended up postponing the trip to March and going to Berlin for a city break - way cheaper.

They only run two trains an hour now to and from London so they are always hammered.

Ive booked a return on a Sunday in November. Which dates?

Look at seeing how much it is from Stoke or Stafford as the price is sometimes considerably cheaper and then match it with a ticket from Picc to Stoke / Stafford.
I did that often and sometimes was even on the same train!
Other times I would have no more than a 20 min wait.

Ive booked a return on a Sunday in November. Which dates?
It was Sunday 28th pal, there were no times available and said something like "timetable released nearer the time".

We've postponed the trip to next year anyway.

I used to remember an open return with virgin was around £70 - £80 not too long a go. Not sure if avanti offer something similar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.