AVB sacked/Abramovich. (Merged)

Benitez, Löw or Klopp would be good managers for Chelsea, Benitez gets a lot of hate and admittedly was poor at Inter and in his latter Liverpool days, but overall he has been a very good manager and the sport hasn't suddenly passed him by. I'd stay away from Capello, think his passion for the game has gone. I've heard Moyes' name mentioned, could he do it at a top club or would he be another Hughes? They should make an effort to get Mourinho back even if it means more control and power than last time.

LoveCity said:
Benitez, Löw or Klopp would be good managers for Chelsea, Benitez gets a lot of hate and admittedly was poor at Inter and in his latter Liverpool days, but overall he has been a very good manager and the sport hasn't suddenly passed him by. I'd stay away from Capello, think his passion for the game has gone. I've heard Moyes' name mentioned, could he do it at a top club or would he be another Hughes? They should make an effort to get Mourinho back even if it means more control and power than last time.

I think the appeal of both Low and Klopp (and even Moyes) is that they are more likely to cede to the owners wishes for a 1st team coach, rather than a manager. No matter which way you cut it, players in at Chelsea will always be Roman's choice first, and then the manager's.

Castiel said:
http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2012-03-05/roberto-mancini-stat-proves-chelsea-were-wrong-sack-avb

We just never learn.

A large portion of Mancini's first 40 games was with a completely inherited team, whilst AVB had an entire summer window to try and mold his team. Granted he couldn't have moved Lampard, Cole, etc even if he wanted to this summer, but outside of Mata every player AVB brought in contributed minimally on the pitch.

So a bit of an unfair comparison, aside that they had equal records and a lot of players on the team hated both managers.

531567968.jpg

Andouble said:
A large portion of Mancini's first 40 games was with a completely inherited team, whilst AVB had an entire summer window to try and mold his team. Granted he couldn't have moved Lampard, Cole, etc even if he wanted to this summer, but outside of Mata every player AVB brought in contributed minimally on the pitch.

So a bit of an unfair comparison, aside that they had equal records and a lot of players on the team hated both managers.
People forget that Meireles was brilliant for us in the first half of the season. In fact Lampard started his moaning because he was being benched for Meireles. Mata has been a revelation. Romeu was also fantastic but he appeared to disappear and I'm not sure what happened to him. He had one poor game being thrown on as a sub against United and was never seen again.

Cahill has largely been a success. 7m for CB depth who has given his all in every game. He is never going to be a top CB, but he works hard and is defensively solid with the added bonus of being English (squad rules). They were the only first teamers that he managed to bring in. I don't think he expected some of the senior players to pull shit like this on him.

For the most part, AVB's team was also inherited, and he appeared to value financial prudence over January emergency spending. His plan was to rebuild the team, something we've been needing to do for years (Mourinho said this before he left!). He never got a real chance to try.

For instance, remember all the flirting Falcao did with us in the summer? I reckon that AVB wanted him when he arrived, but he couldn't justify spending £35+m to the board/Roman on a new striker when we had Fernando Torres sitting around. If we had a consistent striker on the team we wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as we are.

I feel sorry for AVB, he didn't deserve what has happened to him, that club is in serious need of a revamp but players have far too much power. Plus having an owner like Abramovich who's trigger happy doesn't help, but you can't really bite the hand that feeds you.

I honestly feel the best thing for chelsea now would be for them to crash for the rest of the season and the players to have a rant at the new temp manager. Then next season the same happens with the usual suspects pulling shit against the manager, hopefully with Abramovich finally seeing a pattern and backing the manager instead.

But I have a feeling the cycle will continue until they retire.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-Andre-Villas-Boas-left-training-ground-in-tears-after-sacking-most-of-players-did-not-say-goodbye-it-is-understood-article874736.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ch ... 74736.html</a>

What a truely dispicable set of players.

I really don't think Abramovich can be blamed for the sacking. He wants the best for a club he has invested £1bn in and if the only choice is sack the manager or 25 players, there really isn't a choice.

intheknow! said:
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-Andre-Villas-Boas-left-training-ground-in-tears-after-sacking-most-of-players-did-not-say-goodbye-it-is-understood-article874736.html

What a truely dispicable set of players.

I really don't think Abramovich can be blamed for the sacking. He wants the best for a club he has invested £1bn in and if the only choice is sack the manager or 25 players, there really isn't a choice.

I hate Chelsea players with a passion. I'm referring to Terry, Lampard, Cole, etc, who put their own interests ahead of the club. Anyone can see that they need knew blood in the team and that the club would benefit the most if the older heads could continue to be part of the squad on a rotational basis - ala scholes and gigs. Yet this wasn't enough for Lampard, who I have lost a lot of respect for. Those players mentioned are shadows of what they were 2 years ago and I would have thought it a good move to replace them, but it would be a tough decision for anyone to make.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.