AVB sacked/Abramovich. (Merged)

Re: AVB for the chop ?

peoffrey said:
gelly said:
I could see Musical chairs happening, AVB sacked, Mourinho to City and Mancini to Chelsea. If City sack Mancini after winning the League, Abramovich could well go for him. AVB probably end up back at Porto to finish what he started. Thought that he left there a year too early.

I can't see us giving Mancini the sack regardless of our finish this season. He'll manage Italy later on in his career.

Each season under Mancini this club has shown more potential and more progress. I'd say that's what you want from a manager: you start a project together and when the coach and the team achieve the goals that were set, why would you sack him? Mourinho is great at medium term (2-3 years), but I think the man's ego is too big for something as trivial as club love.

He only loves himself really (I'm a real fan by the way, in case you're wondering. ;))

516515044.jpg

shame. I actually like AVB and he's in a bad situation with so many old shit players but not enough time to get the new ones playing well together.

petrusha said:
Danamy said:
They need to stick with him and let him build his own squad, he's currently suffering like most managers do during a transitional period.

Having said all that don't be surprised to see Capello being the next Chelsea manager

Russian press reported at the weekend that Capello had flown into Moscow to negotiate with Anzhi Makhachkala. Booked into one of the top hotels for three nights apparently; the club has just sacked the coach it appointed only a couple of months ago.

No doubt he'll be offered shedloads of cash to take the job on. If he flies out without signing on the dotted line, I'd suggest that AVB might start to feel a bit insecure.

One of Anzhi's players, Eliakwu, has said Capello has signed 3 year deal £10m per year

I hope they don't. He's a promising young manager, who's come to Chelsea at a difficult period, what with the team ageing, and not as much investment as other Chelsea managers enjoyed. I think he's going about it the right way, by signing young players like Mata, Lukaku, Courtois, and Romeu, while making Sturridge a regular. I also think Chelsea are a difficult club to manage, lots of ego's and personalities. There have been some positive signs, but like with any transitional period, there have been rough patches too.

They desperately needed a goal on the weekend, so he took off their main goal threat Mata and brought on Lukaku, a kid who has never scored.

Spoke volumes.

Unknown_Genius said:
I hope they don't. He's a promising young manager, who's come to Chelsea at a difficult period, what with the team ageing, and not as much investment as other Chelsea managers enjoyed. I think he's going about it the right way, by signing young players like Mata, Lukaku, Courtois, and Romeu, while making Sturridge a regular. I also think Chelsea are a difficult club to manage, lots of ego's and personalities. There have been some positive signs, but like with any transitional period, there have been rough patches too.
Well said. Some of the players are a disgrace. Everything's not all right at Chelsea, and some of it is down to the senior players not 'playing ball' with the new manager.

In tonights papers (Evening Standard) they say players are still in touch with Mourinho.

What AVB needs to do is what we have done. Rid the club of trouble makers, get rid of the old guard who think they are Chelsea, and bring in his own people

What Mourinho can do is win a dressing room over. His man management skills are excellent and it's no wonder his ex-players are still in touch with him as he's popular in that respect. His record is exceptional and he can pick his next job with ease.

peoffrey said:
What Mourinho can do is win a dressing room over. His man management skills are excellent and it's no wonder his ex-players are still in touch with him as he's popular in that respect. His record is exceptional and he can pick his next job with ease.

Can he turn back time? Because that is what Chelsea need, ageing squad with very few bright players coming through

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.