Avoiding traffic is more important than city

117 M34 said:
Can't we just have a sticky called the moaning thread?

4-0 and people still moan.

I'm sure some people only go to the match to find something more to moan about
victormeldrew0410_228x328.jpg

depends how people get home. i get a lift from down the road and im home in 20 minutes so i stay to the end. thought someone near me left at 70mins to go to the pub, thought that was ridiculous

On a serious note here, just heard that a mate of mine who left with 15 mins to go so he could get home to watch the voice which starts again tonight, was unable to get his car out due to some so called fans car blocking him in who thought it would be a good idea to stay until the final whistle.

He is both angry and upset which i think you will find trumps insulted and embarrassed all day long.

I don't usually respond to this type of thread because I am at the match watching until the end and don't notice but today I watched on TV here in Vancouver with my two granddaughters and their reaction was "if they gave me a million dollars I wouldn't leave early Gran, I wish I could be there to tell them to stay and watch until the end"! They are 8 and 10 years old. And that was without me making any comment whatsoever. They did ask afterwards if I ever left early and I replied no, because I respect the players.

Watching it I could not believe that they were announcing the attendance figures whilst we were witnessing what appeared to be a half empty stadium. Surely traffic is not more important than watching your team finish a match to applaud them off the pitch? People complain that the players don't acknowledge us at away matches, can you blame them when we can't acknowledge them at home matches?

I do not include the people who leave early for a genuine reason, just those who think that, as the OP says, "avoiding traffic is more important than City".

I park a 15 minute walk away and I pass early leavers queuing in traffic as I walk. Then having made several hundred yards on them, I pull out into slow traffic and probably get out of the worst of the bottlenecks in advance of them. It's a better way, honestly...

It's actually getting to the stage where people could stay to the end to avoid traffic. That's how many early leavers there are!

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
Looking around me today I felt a terrible mix of anger and shame at the vast amount of people leaving the stadium before the end. This annoys me every week but this is the worst it has been in a while.

It's not only an insult to me and to fans who share similar grievances (of which there are many). It is also an insult to the players who are still giving 100% on the pitch.

And what do they do it for? To cut off 10 minutes of being stuck in a traffic jam.

Rant over

Get a life !!

Left early when frostbite took a couple of my six year olds fingers off. Just to insult / annoy / dismay you more he's got a ticket for the semi-final and he's only got 4005 loyalty points but is on the cup scheme. Hey, but at least we won 4-0, or did you forget that whilst you was counting empty seats!!!!!!

jaigurugoat said:
Get over it. People have every right to leave whenever they want without being criticised for it. The game was over. The players were not giving 100% - they didn't need to and would have scored more if they were. I left on 90 minutes, what did I miss?
Applauding the players off like they deserved!

I stayed til after everyone had left, watched the higlights on the screen, went to City Sq (why were the three stooges shouting loud as fuck at City Sq post-match by the way? Thought that was a bit weird!) and got a burger and then had a free run home which took about fifteen minutes (usually a half hour journey).

People can make jokes about it or say people can leave when they like, but it's shit support no mater what way you look at it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.