Avoiding traffic is more important than city

I dont feel insulted but it fucking annoys me, when im still trying to watch the match (10 mins to go), and a stream of early leavers come past getting in the way.

First time ever yesterday I have ever had to leave early and left on 80 minutes due to no choice of my own having had to be at a party.

I think it's a bit harsh assuming everyone is avoiding traffic or getting the early bus or train.

I would say most fans who leave early will have good reason, ie going out, work etc.

As for those who do leave early for trains/ buses etc. They've paid for their ticket at the end of the day and although I don't agree with leaving early unless it's a valid reason and not for avoiding traffic etc, it's their choice at the end of the day and nothing to do with anyone else really.

To be fair they all saw sinclair come on with ten minutes to go and assumed it was injury time. Joke aside it was embarrassing to see so many empty seats with so much time to go was pathetic. Must have looked good to any potential signing can see cavani falcao just itching to sign for a club with such loyal support.

We should go on a Bluemoon day out, somewhere like the cinema or circus, or the theatre. See how many stay and watch the credits at the end of the film, or watch the circus staff but all the stuff away, or watch people sweep the stage theatre afterwards. I fully understand the argument that people want their full moneys worth, but I simply cannot understand the idea that people are a lesser fan for not staying to clap. Whilst you've stood there for 80-90 minutes, probably seen all there is to see, whilst supporting the team, those blokes on the pitch have earned thousands. I back every City player, but you're off your head if you think they care whether you're there at the end or not. You aren't mates with them, you don't have a special bond. You're just a face.

Days like yesterday where the result was confirmed long before full time, its more than understandable if people want to leave. I know there are instances with late goals as we have seen on a number of occasions in our history, but at 4-0 yesterday it was wrapped up.

jayfx said:
It's a fuckin' embarrassment. I know a small minority of people have genuinely good reasons to have to leave early, but for the others, you need to get your priorities right

Hardly original and totally unintentional but thanks for giving me a good little chuckle to myself on a Sunday morning.

Undecided whether my favourite bit is," some people have genuine reasons" or "you need to get your priorities right"

I like them both equally I think.

There is a light said:
All this shit about leaving early to aviod the traffic is just that... shit. More people leave 5 minutes early than stay to the final whistle, so I beat the traffic by actually staying to the end then watching the goals on the big screen after instead.

At full time, I looked to either side of me and there were about 10 empty seats on both sides. There were about 20 seats in a row behind me and 20 seats in a row in front of me. I was literally the only person left in about 60 seats which were full during the match.

It is precisely the thing we used to take the piss out of the Rags for, but now we are probably the worst in the league for leaving early.

The people on the defensive about it are probably the ones who leave early, who insist it's a free country, they pay their money and they can do what they want, blah blah, but it makes us look like unappreciative, fickle arsed supporters who are more interested in watching Ant and Dec than giving up another 10 minutes of their time to watch the end of the match.

I'm not at all surprised Newcastle fans were taking the piss.

There's no probably about it. We are the worst for it and it's not even a difficult stadium to get away from. The ones who leave when the board goes up are creatures of habit. I find them pathetic and embarrassing. Of course everyone can leave when they want and just as much I am entitled to my opinion of them. I would sooner they don't bother putting themselves out at all if it's so much of an inconvenience to them to watch the football.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
I dont feel insulted but it fucking annoys me, when im still trying to watch the match (10 mins to go), and a stream of early leavers come past getting in the way.

This.

It's bloody annoying having people constantly walking across your line of sight for the last ten minutes (and injury time) of the match, when there is action still going on on the pitch.

You'd probably find that if we were getting beat more would stay to show their support in adversity as it is we win most games comfortably these days so what are people missing by leaving? Cheering the players who bar one or two couldn't give a fuck if you stay or not and don't give you a second thought after spunking a good portion of your wages following them.

It's up to the club to make the stadium somewhere people want to stay and have a laugh, rather than being told to sit down, don't swear, don't smoke harmless cigarettes, in fact don't do anything which could in any way be seen as fun, just pay up and fuck off. So I do and sometimes early if I fancy.

the empty seats are embarrassing, demotivating and, as rightly pointed out, a nuisance for people who stay to enjoy the full game but are constantly interrupted for the last 10 minutes.

i can understand the odd person leaving for whatever reason, but not half of the stadium. it's only a relatively new occurrence too -- what's changed over the last two years?!

all in all, it reflects very poorly on the club's image.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.