Away fans EL3 poll

becomingparanoid said:
Futile exercise this as it was when I was kicked out of the North Stand. Still getting kicked out from CB3 for some cup games. Does make me think the club do not really give a shit what we think and will do what they want anyway.

No 328

I fear you are right, someone at the club has come up with this hair brained scheme and will not be deflected from it, regardless of what we think or the possible consequences.

Sure this has already been said but surely any move of away fans to EL3 would be far easier to stomach for the relocated fans if City get on with announcing some form of stadium expansion.

That way the disgruntled fans will have some form of definitive timeline about when they will get chance to move again, maybe giving them first dabs at picking a new seat when we have an increased capacity.

The atmosphere is governed by how vocal the away fans are, well certainly at the start of the match.
If the away team brings a good vocal following it encourages our singing sections.
By moving the vocal aways up onto the third tier, this will kill the atmosphere created by our singing sections, not enhance it.

When the away team brings a paltry following (Wigan/Fulham), this is when we should allocate them a reduced area on SSL2 and sell the tickets on the lower tier to our day trippers

I understand that the away side needs to be allocated a minimum number of tickets (is it 2500?) But if they're told that if they take the full allocation and cannot return any unsold tickets, surely they will accept a lower number rather than pay £45k+ (1500 tickets x £30)

Brunswick blue said:
becomingparanoid said:
Futile exercise this as it was when I was kicked out of the North Stand. Still getting kicked out from CB3 for some cup games. Does make me think the club do not really give a shit what we think and will do what they want anyway.

No 328

I fear you are right, someone at the club has come up with this hair brained scheme and will not be deflected from it, regardless of what we think or the possible consequences.

That's not the impression I was given by Danny Wilson in our recent telephone conversation following my e-mail to him re: this issue.

He conceded that there are a lot more problems to take into consideration than with the Family Stand move - crowd control, access, exit, toilets, catering etc. Danny suggested that it would be an expensive thing to do - possibly an unnecessary expense if the plan is to extend and re-arrange the stadium anyway at some point in the forseeable future. I also got the impression that despite the desire to improve the atmosphere, the Club were in fact listening seriously to the feelings of fans in the East Stand. In addition, the Club is also bound by PL rules and the views of the Police with regard to crowd safety inside & outside the stadium. Doing this as an experiment for the Bayern game is not the same as on a season-long basis.

The Bayern experiment is so that the Club can take a look at the implications in a real-life situation. My take on it is that if it doesn't improve the atmosphere or if it all goes pear-shaped (for whatever reason) then it will be dead in the water anyway.

I've already voted earlier in this thread so in the interests of democracy I won't try again here ! (It was No).

The Pink Panther said:
The atmosphere is governed by how vocal the away fans are, well certainly at the start of the match.

Is that how it works at Stoke? Will the Napoli fans be quiet because they're at the opposite end of the ground?

The atmosphere may be governed by how vocal the away fans are at Etihad, but thats at least in part because of the current location of the home and away fans.

It says it all that there is this acceptance that we need the away fans in the SS to create atmosphere, that so many want to preserve the status quo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.