Away Games - your memories

my first away game was at the millenium stadium, but my best memory was at villa park when micah richards powered home. my dad had already walked down ot the concourse to go home but me (i was 15 at the time) and my brother (13 at the time) stayed to see that corner, we went mental, it felt better than a win i went round hugging everybody i saw- brilliant day and 6,000 of us. chesterfield was a shit game but us city fans went down there were brilliant, i still remember a girl who had a ginger ahr (don't know if she posts on here) behind us starting off all the old chants e.g 'oooh! curly wurly, ooh! curly wurly' - was a mint supporter, was a good day until the bastards came running over to us to celebrate, god i am so glad we don't have samaras and coradi up front any more

I haven't been to too many away games, but a couple stand out. One was at Wolves in the early 80s when we lost badly (4-0 or 4-1). Everyone was getting more and more upset as the goals went in, then at 4-0 the famous Blue humor kicked in and everyone just started taking the piss and having a laugh at how bad we were. At one point I seem to remember everyone sat down (it was a standing end at the time) - no point wasting your energy standing up when the players weren't wasting theirs on the pitch!

The other was at Reading in the old Division 2 (1988, I think). I was living in Reading at the time and just showed up on the day, so I had to go in the Reading end. It was the week after we'd 10-1'd Huddersfield and it was priceless listening to the Reading fans as we beat them 2-0 (Paul Stewart at his finest) - they were delighted to only lose by 2 and I seem to remember a pretty good rapport between them and the City fans at the other end. I still didn't own up to being blue though - you never know how many nutters there are amongst the decent fans...

Sheffield weds under Keegan- 6-2! Ali b ran rings round them, even though we were 1 down after a few minutes!

Villa was good under Pearce aswell when we went on that great run at the end of the season, really thought we'd make Europe that year! Won 2-1. SWP and Musampa :)

Been to umpteen over the years,but a pre season friendly at Sealand Road when Chester played there was a cracker,can't remember the score but do remember getting on the piss with the players and missing the national express back to town and having to hitchhike back,funny no one would pick up half a dozen pissed up blokes.
At Leeds,some genius decided to hire a Salford van hire transit which the local banjo pluckers decided to trash and had to drive back with no windscreen, in torrential rain.
Taking a shop mannequin to Norwich and having to pay him into the ground as the jobsworth on the gate, was dying to call the cops and we didn't want to explain where he came from.
Travelling to Hull midweek in a "borrowed BMW" and seeing us get beat 5-1,and shitting it all the way back to town,in case we got pulled.

Best away game I can remember was at Leeds. They led 2-0 and we levelled it (I think Carl Griffiths scored, can't remember exactly) only for the jammy fuckers to steal it right at the death.
I remember the hordes of moronic Leeds fans afterwards coming after a gang of us only to be intercepted by the police on horseback. It was like something out of a spaghetti western, all us Blues herded together heading for the bus to get us to the station only to be confronted by about 30/40 of Elland Road's finest knuckle-draggers. Then the lawmen riding to our rescue. Loads of us were whistling the theme to 'The good, the bad, the ugly'.

Also got chatted up by a tasty bit of skirt at the train station.

On that has always stuck out in my mind, even though it wasn't a particularly big game or anything.. it might've been my first away day, not sure. 1997 away at West Brom after Frank Clark had just taken over and we'd gone on a mini revivial, it was the first season in a few years where we were not in a relegation scrap!
Great sunny day, LOADS of maroon and white balloons to match that gash away kit, Rösler put us 1-0 up after about 3 mins, we were 3-0 up after about half an hour (another from Uwe and Horlock I think). Everyone was singing 'City City boing boing' and 'Let's all have a disco'. Took foot off the gas and won 3-1, but brilliant atmosphere.

Schalke away was unbelivable as this was our first European away day. Hamburg the same season just topped it. I ll never forget the 2 lads in the brass house, they could only be about 16/17 and were banging on the window of this brass.
I advised they might not want to do with some big Pimp waiting round the corner but they didnt give a fcuk as they had been ripped off.........

"50 euros for a fcuking posh wank"

Brilliant. Then went and got smashed and fell through a bench, had a quality shiner which was matched by Bluemoons very own creator - Ric, we had both fell over - honest.

European days are the best and I am saving for next year already.

Remember playing Ipswich away on a Sunday then Norwich on a Tuesday - loads of blues spent the Monday in Great Yarmouth - great few days.

Wednesday away when we took about 8,000 - Uwe Rosler was the loudest ever.

Stoke Boxing Day 1988 - 12,000 away fans in fancy dress.

Lincoln, York and Wycombe all away in League 2 season and lost all of them! :-( seems a lonmg way away now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.