Away support...get behind the team!!

cleavers said:
SAFCadam said:
In fairness

your support wasn't as loud as it's been in previous years

however

1) it as still much better than most teams at the SoL this season
2) you were not playing as well (or at least getting the result) as you wanted
3) the home end was noiser than it's been in ages which will have made it harder to gets songs started in the away end
4) you had a reduced allocation thanks to our fuckwit saftey advisory board
5) you had to deal with our stewards who like nothing more than persistently trying to get everyone to sit
Hey you can f**k off, you can't come on here posting sense, when there is a witch hunt against our own fans going on.

We never sing at home, and we never sing away, we lost today for a fucking change, we're all pissed off because we didn't score for free, mcfc ok.

I'd forgotten just how bad it can be up here after a loss! I'm going back down to Off Topic and the Refugee Camp ... I need a brew.

went to the aways over crimbo spent a fortune but the atomsphere was fookin piss poor only a handful of people singin, i think its down to we didnt score but u cant score every game but the moanin people were doign pissin me off, im not bein funny if your going to sit there an moan all game dont bother going, tbh the atomsphere at city in recent years has been dire, we had more atompshere when we was shit lol rant over

I thought the atmosphere was crap yesterday and only a small number were up for singing. But I suspect a lot of people were suffering from the night before ( I know i was ) so maybe that left some subdued.

Full marks to the lad behind me who literally sang all the way through, even when no one joined in. I tried to join in with a lot but didn't have the stamina of this lad. You know who you are mate - Row 30

Evening lads (sorry morning)..don't start threads much so was interested to see the response after 24 hours.

Personally, I'm still at a loss after reading all the replies as to the poor vocal backing.
I've been concentrating on doing most aways for 5 years or so now (done many, many aways before but I'm doing ok and can afford it now) and I only really see a change in our vocal support in the last 12 months.
I see most of the usual faces at aways..(I don't know 'em all...who the fuck knows everyone???) But I still see the same heads up and down the place.

I'm 50 now and having followed the Blues since I was 13 and I still take it as a personal insult when we're outsung at home...this should never happen but as 'progress' takes us forward I've seen many vocal pals who just can't afford it fall by the wayside.
In recent seasons there places have been filled by plenty of others but to be quite honest they've been watchers in the maine rather than singers.

So I go away with the same mantra that home fans from other clubs have been through the same process, but lately we're outsung. And the financial climate has hit them too but we're now (truely seen as their cup final) and so we see home fans at away games go the extra mile.

If I had to put my finger on it I'd say the expectations levels have risen so much we've become complaceant.
It's not fair to label loyal Blues who don't sing and want to watch as the downfall of our vocal support away but we need a reality check sometimes and we need to remember that unless we back our lads they won't make the extra effort! It doesent matter who plays for us we need to back then to the hilt!!

Its all too easy to fall into the trap of being despondant about getting beat at Sunderland or whoever, we've had the broadest shoulders of any team in the last 30 years! We just need to stand on our princibles, and recognize that if we do it on the terraces the lads will rise to it and recipricate on the pitch.

I'd call on all City lads (and lasses) to bear down and get behind the team!!!
We'll all enjoy it more and we'll spur the lads on to what we all ulimately crave!!

GStar said:
danburge82 said:
When it's 0-0 we don't sing like Liverpool and United fans do away from home. They are none stop.

Good one!
What do you mean good one? I've sat and watched United on tele and at first me and my Dad were laughing about how they'd already sang seven songs about City in the first fifteen minutes of a game. Then we realised, they'd actually been singing none stop, whether it was about us or not and we both said we don't sing that much.<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:12 am --<br /><br />
M147WN said:
Evening lads (sorry morning)..don't start threads much so was interested to see the response after 24 hours.

Personally, I'm still at a loss after reading all the replies as to the poor vocal backing.
I've been concentrating on doing most aways for 5 years or so now (done many, many aways before but I'm doing ok and can afford it now) and I only really see a change in our vocal support in the last 12 months.
I see most of the usual faces at aways..(I don't know 'em all...who the fuck knows everyone???) But I still see the same heads up and down the place.

I'm 50 now and having followed the Blues since I was 13 and I still take it as a personal insult when we're outsung at home...this should never happen but as 'progress' takes us forward I've seen many vocal pals who just can't afford it fall by the wayside.
In recent seasons there places have been filled by plenty of others but to be quite honest they've been watchers in the maine rather than singers.

So I go away with the same mantra that home fans from other clubs have been through the same process, but lately we're outsung. And the financial climate has hit them too but we're now (truely seen as their cup final) and so we see home fans at away games go the extra mile.

If I had to put my finger on it I'd say the expectations levels have risen so much we've become complaceant.
It's not fair to label loyal Blues who don't sing and want to watch as the downfall of our vocal support away but we need a reality check sometimes and we need to remember that unless we back our lads they won't make the extra effort! It doesent matter who plays for us we need to back then to the hilt!!

Its all too easy to fall into the trap of being despondant about getting beat at Sunderland or whoever, we've had the broadest shoulders of any team in the last 30 years! We just need to stand on our princibles, and recognize that if we do it on the terraces the lads will rise to it and recipricate on the pitch.

I'd call on all City lads (and lasses) to bear down and get behind the team!!!
We'll all enjoy it more and we'll spur the lads on to what we all ulimately crave!!
Good post! I post all the time about our non-atmosphere. But i did notice an improvment in our last two home games. Hopefully there'll be an improvement across the board soon.

The support home and away is bobbins now.

I personally believe it's combination of stress, complacency, watching a great team knocking it around for long periods where nothing really happens and not having the adversity that spurs you on to sing.

Prestwich_Blue said:
My suspicion, having failed to get tickets for some away games when I've never had a problem in the past, is that loads of tickets are going out the door before the ordinary fan who does know how to support the team gets a look-in.

Agree 100% loads of tickets getting shifted before we get a chance and supporters clubs who get a fair whack as well didnt get a ticket for swamp this year first one ive missed for years :(

SAFCadam said:
In fairness

your support wasn't as loud as it's been in previous years

however

1) it as still much better than most teams at the SoL this season
2) you were not playing as well (or at least getting the result) as you wanted
3) the home end was noiser than it's been in ages which will have made it harder to gets songs started in the away end
4) you had a reduced allocation thanks to our fuckwit saftey advisory board
5) you had to deal with our stewards who like nothing more than persistently trying to get everyone to sit

You're wrong mate; we're ALWAYS shite at your place.

Trust me on this one; our away atmosphere is better now than it has been for years. Pearce, Sven and Hughes all would love to have the away backing Mancini gets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.