Away support

Mugatu said:
I was at the game, it's probably one of only about 4 or 5 that I get to in a season. I'm a bit cheesed off at criticism of "my sort". For my sins, I live in London as that's where the forces have based me. I go to maybe one home game a year, (I have a 4 month old baby and it's too far for me to be going on a regular basis), I'm always at Fulham, I'll probably be at Arsenal, I was at the Charity Shield.

If anyone thinks I'm not a proper fan / too posh / too Southern, too well spoken, too rich, not committed enough, or anything else, then frankly they can kiss my hairy swingers. I won't be judged by kids on the internet who probably never even made it to Maine Road.

Go to all the games, go to some, go to none, I don't care, just leave off judging other people who can't get to every game.

You've gone off on a tangent there mate! No one gives a fuck where you are from, but will you have a go at another blue for standing up when we stand at every other away game in the country with no problems barring the London games?

Fanny Fart said:
Mugatu said:
I was at the game, it's probably one of only about 4 or 5 that I get to in a season. I'm a bit cheesed off at criticism of "my sort". For my sins, I live in London as that's where the forces have based me. I go to maybe one home game a year, (I have a 4 month old baby and it's too far for me to be going on a regular basis), I'm always at Fulham, I'll probably be at Arsenal, I was at the Charity Shield.

If anyone thinks I'm not a proper fan / too posh / too Southern, too well spoken, too rich, not committed enough, or anything else, then frankly they can kiss my hairy swingers. I won't be judged by kids on the internet who probably never even made it to Maine Road.

Go to all the games, go to some, go to none, I don't care, just leave off judging other people who can't get to every game.

You've gone off on a tangent there mate! No one gives a fuck where you are from, but will you have a go at another blue for standing up when we stand at every other away game in the country with no problems barring the London games?[/quote]

BINGO!!

It's become a thread about standing but I was addressing points made earlier in the thread, there are some that have a dig if you don't have a M postcode (even though I used to).

For what it's worth I was standing as everyone around me was, I don't mind either way but I sympathise with people who either want, or need to sit. Must be a nightmare.

My Manc accent passes the test, just, ( its Stretford ) and i now live on the Isle of Wight. My nine year old who stood on his seat at Fulham, after a long walk, didnt complain once. He lives and breathes City and will manage 3 or 4 games a season, gradually more as he gets older. I hope he doesnt have to bring a photo to the games soon of him in his City babygrow, as he has started to get a Hampshire accent. He sings and will never ask anyone in front of him to sit down, he is learning that this is what we do away. I appreciate that for some it is difficult not to class everyone the same, but as an older thread about a legend of a Blue will show, dont go off the accent, just the attitude.
shades of blue said:
2wf4ivs.jpg

Mugatu said:
It's become a thread about standing but I was addressing points made earlier in the thread, there are some that have a dig if you don't have a M postcode (even though I used to).

For what it's worth I was standing as everyone around me was, I don't mind either way but I sympathise with people who either want, or need to sit. Must be a nightmare.

Read the OP, its always been a thread about standing, just some chose to turn it into something else.

We don't have this stand up/sit down issue at any other away game. I don't remember having this problem at the likes of Blackburn away this season.

This isn't aimed at you, but these people who are only doing the odd couple of aways a season, need to fall in line with the vast majority of blues who go week in week out and stand.

IOWBlue said:
My Manc accent passes the test, just, ( its Stretford ) and i now live on the Isle of Wight. My nine year old who stood on his seat at Fulham, after a long walk, didnt complain once. He lives and breathes City and will manage 3 or 4 games a season, gradually more as he gets older. I hope he doesnt have to bring a photo to the games soon of him in his City babygrow, as he has started to get a Hampshire accent. He sings and will never ask anyone in front of him to sit down, he is learning that this is what we do away. I appreciate that for some it is difficult not to class everyone the same, but as an older thread about a legend of a Blue will show, dont go off the accent, just the attitude.
shades of blue said:

I always imagined you to be younger.

daveduke67 said:
IOWBlue said:
shades of blue said:

I always imagined you to be younger.

Hahaha, cheers Dave. I remember him from the late 70's with big sideburns and even though some said he was from London, i spoke to him when i was about 13 and im sure he is a Scot.

I can't remember all that has been written on this thread but generally I don't think people are criticising Blues who were born or live away from Manchester.

I think the key thing is that when you go to certain away games, mainly London, there is a difference in the support. There is a difference in the number of people who choose to sit and that then tends to lead to less singing and less backing of the team.

I respect everyone can choose to do what they like. I prefer to stand and sing, I wish everyone else would, but if they don't then that's up to them. But what is noticeable is you can take 7000 to Blackburn and at kick off I didn't see a single person go to sit down (I was lower tier so can't speak for upper) and the atmosphere was superb. In contrast I go to QPR, whistle goes for kick off and the majority in the upper tier immediately go to sit down. So on that basis you can't help but think London/southern based Blues are different in the way they show their support. I don't agree with generalising so I accept that does not apply to all, e.g. the 3 London based lads in front of me who stood and sang all game. But what you do see is a lot of different faces, perhaps more family oriented, that you see at London grounds. And the different faces combined with the less standing and signing generates some of the criticism on here.

I was upper tier, third row from the back, and it was steep up there! If I'd fallen backwards during the poznan I would have dropped about 7 rows.

I'm not fussed about standing or sitting to be honest. Standing's more fun but if the people in front of me are sitting then I'll sit. I'm 6"3 and I don't want to annoy people standing behind me by blocking their view.

One of the QPR stewards gestured for us all to sit down at the start of the second half but he didn't really seem to care that much; unlike those 'Green Team' stewards at White Hart Line, who are content with the home fans jumping about but as soon as we stand up they're up those steps like greyhounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.