Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
does Thomas Cook guarantee a ticket for away European games? I just had a look and it doesn't say that - it just says : - *Your application will only be processed once you qualify for a match ticket. I will bow to people with greater knowledge?
Not under the current system. There is a proposal (not even that, it has been suggested more like) that starting as of next season, you would be guaranteed a ticket via booking the Thomas Cook trip.

Not under the current system. There is a proposal (not even that, it has been suggested more like) that starting as of next season, you would be guaranteed a ticket via booking the Thomas Cook trip.

If they are still in business next year! Not having the best of times TC currently

does Thomas Cook guarantee a ticket for away European games? I just had a look and it doesn't say that - it just says : - *Your application will only be processed once you qualify for a match ticket. I will bow to people with greater knowledge?

Whenever I've used them, (Celtic Away was the last occasion) my seat was only guaranteed once the Ticket Office had confirmed to T/C that I was eligible for a match ticket.
Not sure if this has since changed

I was asking which games the poster was thinking of.

Re your points, if you'd been on the Cup Schemes and gone Platinum and gone to a few away games then you'd be on over 12,000 points.... Why do you feel you should queue jump?

Why should I feel the need to queue jump cos I didn’t pay the £50 to queue jump?

Why should I feel the need to queue jump cos I didn’t pay the £50 to queue jump?

Not quite sure what you mean. Everybody has/had the opportunity to go Platinum, it's a choice and was the price to pay if you wanted to go to away matches. There are plenty of domestic matches you can go to if you want to but for whatever reason you choose not to!

Not quite sure what you mean. Everybody has/had the opportunity to go Platinum, it's a choice and was the price to pay if you wanted to go to away matches. There are plenty of domestic matches you can go to if you want to but for whatever reason you choose not to!

Platinum is not the price you have to pay to go to away matches. It is a way to buy loyalty points. If you want to go platinum it’s your choice but it shouldn’t be necessary to be able to get to aways.
Also what is this idea that to go to aways you have to go to every away? I admire those who go every home and away and it wouldn’t be right if I could get tickets over them but at the same time at 16 years of age I wouldnt have the funds or the time to go to every away match if I had the chance - that’s just me.
The same people who remember the days of paying on the day or queuing outside Maine road the night before don’t wanna hear it when youngers say it’s much harder now.

I remember a gang of us travelling to Leeds in 79/80. It was early in the season, and aged just 15, it was a hell of an adventure, going to an away game without adult supervision.

I’ve been going regularly ever since, and I’ve got enough loyalty points for virtually every fixture.

However unlike Bill and the usual suspects I can see the other side of the argument.

This is nothing to do with the hard yards, because our self-perpetuating loyalty scheme prevents a gang of 15 year olds from travelling to West Yorkshire and beyond. They simply wouldn’t qualify, and to make matters worse, they’d fall further behind the ones who do qualify.

There aren’t any obvious solutions for Premier League away fixtures, because the Manchester City of 2019 is a different powerful beast when compared to the shambolic, loveable losers from yesteryear.

However, it’s a different case in the cup competitions where many supporters disappear until the latter stages.

As I stated on a previous post, it would be fairer if the cup schemes had their own points schemes, starting from scratch every season.

First priority for Burton should have been those supporters who travelled to Oxford and Leicester.

First priority for Schalke should have been those supporters who travelled to the Group games.

Not faultless, but a damn sight more democratic, regardless of age.

Platinum is not the price you have to pay to go to away matches. It is a way to buy loyalty points. If you want to go platinum it’s your choice but it shouldn’t be necessary to be able to get to aways.
Also what is this idea that to go to aways you have to go to every away? I admire those who go every home and away and it wouldn’t be right if I could get tickets over them but at the same time at 16 years of age I wouldnt have the funds or the time to go to every away match if I had the chance - that’s just me.
The same people who remember the days of paying on the day or queuing outside Maine road the night before don’t wanna hear it when youngers say it’s much harder now.

I remember queuing on a sunday for semi final tickets for 1981
also I used to sell those tickets for city where you could win 50 notes, but by selling them you was able to buy a cup final ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.