Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd forgotten anyone on here was a representative and I want to make clear there was no personal criticism of you or anyone else, just that purely on the basis of the minutes I don't feel as though the views I'm reading are aligned with my own, ergo its not representative.

There was personal criticism and you thought no one would see it. Well I have and I won't be wasting any time on you in future. I'm actually proud I don't represent the views of someone like you, who appears ready to criticise anyone and anything that doesn't suit your narrow, self-entitled view of the world without thinking of the impact on others.

So the flight might not go if under-subscribed. Well, fuck those who've booked on it. It might go with empty seats that have to be paid for. Well fuck the club who have to pay for them. Thomas Cook have paid the club to be their travel partner. Well fuck them. That's your attitude summed up and I've had enough of this discussion.

Reactions: CC1
So in reality what this thread is about again is that shake sold out at 16000 points.have any of the comments come from people that couldn't get tickets for a European away game.would the same posts be up if we had drawn a more difficult trip,or less attractive game should I say,like napoli,Roma,etc.there have been lots of group games that havnt sold out,Italy hasn't sold out, shakhtar x2,we can go on and on,if your prepared to put the effort in and travel indirectly,stay in modest hotels etc you can make most European aways

maybe I am older than I realise but where has this notion that 18-25 years olds are the dog's and we need more of them actually come from?
In my own experience of the handful of games I get to go to these days they are the most annoying section of the away support, getting to seats late for the extra pint, wanting to cram 5 mates into 2 seats and all that bollocks along with the attitude towards folks that are stood by the seat they've purchased for being there. Leaving before half time for the extra pint again, pissing in sinks & smoking in the bogs, coming back 5 mins after 2nd half kicks off, the mid 2nd half full bladder more fag in bogs routine.
I know folks outside the 18-25 do the above as well but in my mind those traits are more prevalent in that age spectrum. There were groups around me at Southampton that most of missed 30 mins of the match including the main highlights. I just don't get why you would travel for 5hrs to watch a match and then miss a 3rd of it just to get an extra pint of shit lager down ya neck.

I have the points but I am not against some change so people at the bottom end get a chance.
A ballot ? But this is flawed as there is no guarantee that the person who get's the ticket goes to the game and doesn't pass it on.
I don't know the answer at this stage but there are two things I do know.
SC pass on tickets to anyone who will travel on their trips.
The Club are creaming more tickets off for Corporates and hold on to them till a few days before the game.
I have seen e mails to SC from City saying we have some extra tickets for such and such a game a few days before.
Where did these tickets come from, they didn't suddenly find them in a drawer in the ticket office.
There should be transparency, for example there should be a list of how many tickets go to each SC for each match.
We should be told how many from the allocation actually go on sale.
How many of our 1100 allocation at Bournemouth actually go on sale to people not SC/Corporate/Staff etc.

I have the points but I am not against some change so people at the bottom end get a chance.
A ballot ? But this is flawed as there is no guarantee that the person who get's the ticket goes to the game and doesn't pass it on.
I don't know the answer at this stage but there are two things I do know.
SC pass on tickets to anyone who will travel on their trips.
The Club are creaming more tickets off for Corporates and hold on to them till a few days before the game.
I have seen e mails to SC from City saying we have some extra tickets for such and such a game a few days before.
Where did these tickets come from, they didn't suddenly find them in a drawer in the ticket office.
There should be transparency, for example there should be a list of how many tickets go to each SC for each match.
We should be told how many from the allocation actually go on sale.
How many of our 1100 allocation at Bournemouth actually go on sale to people not SC/Corporate/Staff etc.

Fuckin lol, Ycmiu.

You're spot on but there is an i'm alright Jack attitude towards it by many. The actual club don't give a fuck either and would probably rather give 3000 away tickets to corporate if it could and even cut out Bill and co.
He’s not spot on as his figures don’t add up at all unless he has just gotten points for league games and the odd cup game. Why does that make him more deserving of an away ticket?

There was personal criticism and you thought no one would see it. Well I have and I won't be wasting any time on you in future. I'm actually proud I don't represent the views of someone like you, who appears ready to criticise anyone and anything that doesn't suit your narrow, self-entitled view of the world without thinking of the impact on others.

Again, there was nothing personal intended by me and I am surprised you've taken it that way, but I see you've not held back making various baseless comments about me.

I'm not here to be confrontational with you or anyone else. Its an unenviable role which will inevitably anger supporters, but I think this is a straightforward issue of you collectively trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. I am pleased a representative has seen what I've posted and if you can look beyond your dislike of me you can hopefully feed back the valid points I raised in the next meeting. Having discussed it at Huddersfield I know I'm not alone in thinking this proposal needs to be reviewed.

Not that it matters, but I'm generally ok for tickets. I'm concerned how this will affect the people that tend to be on the cusp, who are already arguing about Hospitality, player/staff tickets and SCs. You (as a group) are giving them another barrier, and therefore another stick to beat the club with.

So the flight might not go if under-subscribed. Well, fuck those who've booked on it. It might go with empty seats that have to be paid for. Well fuck the club who have to pay for them. Thomas Cook have paid the club to be their travel partner. Well fuck them. That's your attitude summed up and I've had enough of this discussion.
You've portrayed me with a different tone to my actual attitude (which is a little more sympathetic in reality), but fundamentally you're not wrong with that. The crux of my point is that whilst you think I am treating people booking on TC with contempt, what the representatives seem to be struggling with is this proposal is actually treating everyone else that doesn't travel with TC with contempt. Again, I have travelled with TC this season so its not an "Im alright Jack" attitude.

A supporter booking through Thomas Cook is equal in my opinion to a supporter booking on Spike, or however else they get there. I don't think this proposal would result in all fans being treated equally. In my opinion, the justification for doing so is uneccessary and can be debunked which I've tried to point out in my previous post.

does Thomas Cook guarantee a ticket for away European games? I just had a look and it doesn't say that - it just says : - *Your application will only be processed once you qualify for a match ticket. I will bow to people with greater knowledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.