Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Platinum is not the price you have to pay to go to away matches. It is a way to buy loyalty points. If you want to go platinum it’s your choice but it shouldn’t be necessary to be able to get to aways.
Also what is this idea that to go to aways you have to go to every away? I admire those who go every home and away and it wouldn’t be right if I could get tickets over them but at the same time at 16 years of age I wouldnt have the funds or the time to go to every away match if I had the chance - that’s just me.
The same people who remember the days of paying on the day or queuing outside Maine road the night before don’t wanna hear it when youngers say it’s much harder now.

You don't have to have Platinum to get to away matches, there have been 4 already this season that have gone on open sale. Other than them the lowest for a league game was Leicester on Boxing Day at 14,000 points. I'd hazard a guess that those with 16,000 or more points go to the vast majority of away's who you admit you admire and it wouldn't be right to get tickets over them, but a ballot would have that exact effect!

Platinum is not the price you have to pay to go to away matches. It is a way to buy loyalty points. If you want to go platinum it’s your choice but it shouldn’t be necessary to be able to get to aways.
Also what is this idea that to go to aways you have to go to every away? I admire those who go every home and away and it wouldn’t be right if I could get tickets over them but at the same time at 16 years of age I wouldnt have the funds or the time to go to every away match if I had the chance - that’s just me.
The same people who remember the days of paying on the day or queuing outside Maine road the night before don’t wanna hear it when youngers say it’s much harder now.
Unfortunately platinum was the price you had to pay if you wanted to watch an away match on a regular basis
I was quite happy to have my 10 points added when I attended an away match when it first started.
And now they throw points around like confetti 380 points for joining this cup scheme 380 points for another, more points for season tickets and points for turning up at home games
I don't want to give city 50 pounds a year extra but I want to go to the away matches
My choice I know and I was pissed off with the charge so I stopped buying programmes saving myself approx 75 pounds, less the 50 pounds, City's loss
Try it,dont buy anything other than your match ticket

You don't have to have Platinum to get to away matches, there have been 4 already this season that have gone on open sale. Other than them the lowest for a league game was Leicester on Boxing Day at 14,000 points. I'd hazard a guess that those with 16,000 or more points go to the vast majority of away's who you admit you admire and it wouldn't be right to get tickets over them, but a ballot would have that exact effect!

A ballot could be 300 tickets (took from the corporates *i know this will never happen)
The supporters clubs allocation could even be binned off in turn for this ballot (just an idea)
Not every fan in every city away end is there every week. the core of the home and away correct me if I’m wrong is not more than 1000 people.
The gap between people with 7000 points and people with 16,000 points is getting bigger every season and a ballot could help give people a chance to climb the ladder without having to pay to do so.

I’ve thought about going platinum before but think about it your paying more money to climb past others based solely on the fact that you’ve payed more..
It’s wrong and we’re supposed to be a club that values it’s fans. Making it clear this is not at the fault of those who sign up to it but come on it must be time to bin it off.

Just thinking out loud here. Why not scrap giving points to fans for the big away games. Utd, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal as these tix almost always sell out at a very high points level. How about only giving points out for the less attractive away matches like Newcastle, Cardiff or Southampton? It may give fans a chance to catch up with the front runners?

There is a case to keep a few hundred tickets aside for a ballot for people on a lower points tally, match day members etc but there will never be a system that is 100% fair that suits everybody, thats just the way it is, its also impossible to stop point whoring without scrapping the points altogether unless names were placed on the tickets and ID checked as you enter the ground to ensure those who bought the tickets are actually attending, you really don't want to go down that road though.

And on Facebook now, someone is selling two tickets for tomorrow’s game.

So say I’m a 16/21 year season ticket holder now looking to get to away games. How many of these none glamour ties would I need to go to in order to be anywhere near the running for a glamour tie?

You aren’t getting tickets for close to 50% of the games ie the derby, Scouse clubs, local clubs, last away of the season. So you aren’t really catching up are you. For every non glamour tie is cancelled out by a glamour tie. So where is the incentive? I actually think you could go to as many away games as you could feasibly go for over 5 years and still not be anywhere near a glamour tie ticket from a point perspective.

You could be realistically 30 years of age having a ST for 10 years, going Newcastle on a Monday night, carabao aways whatever for 10 years and still not be in the running for a ticket at the swamp or anfield legitimately. This is where the current system falls down.

It goes too far back, should be capped at say 5 years and it should be tiered more effectively. So Newcastle on a Monday night 200 points, anfield 10. That will make a difference quicker I think.

And before you all start I’ve been 50+ grounds watching us and nearly 40 years old. I actually favour a ballot or a percentage of our allocation going to ballot but appreciate that would upset people as well. Just think maybe you need to give people a chance of a ticket, incentivise them some what.

So say I’m a 16/21 year season ticket holder now looking to get to away games. How many of these none glamour ties would I need to go to in order to be anywhere near the running for a glamour tie?

You aren’t getting tickets for close to 50% of the games ie the derby, Scouse clubs, local clubs, last away of the season. So you aren’t really catching up are you. For every non glamour tie is cancelled out by a glamour tie. So where is the incentive? I actually think you could go to as many away games as you could feasibly go for over 5 years and still not be anywhere near a glamour tie ticket from a point perspective.

You could be realistically 30 years of age having a ST for 10 years, going Newcastle on a Monday night, carabao aways whatever for 10 years and still not be in the running for a ticket at the swamp or anfield legitimately. This is where the current system falls down.

It goes too far back, should be capped at say 5 years and it should be tiered more effectively. So Newcastle on a Monday night 200 points, anfield 10. That will make a difference quicker I think.

And before you all start I’ve been 50+ grounds watching us and nearly 40 years old. I actually favour a ballot or a percentage of our allocation going to ballot but appreciate that would upset people as well. Just think maybe you need to give people a chance of a ticket, incentivise them some what.

Rag

Having just now read the entire thread from scratch I feel it's time to put my 2 h'pennys worth in. In the old days we turned up at the ground and paid on the turnstyle and when there was a really big game we queued. I queued for over 12 hours for a Wembley ticket for the Gillingham game, not a great system but I was grateful when I got one. And in those days the football was shite, we went because we were City fans not because the team were likely to win or even turn up. There was one season we didn't win a single away game and I went to nearly all of them.
Enough of the nostalgia. My gripe is tout sites. I couldn't get a ticket for Basel away last year and had already booked my flights and accomodation so just to see I checked the likes of viagogo etc. I went through four or five sites and found (if I wanted to pay through the nose) I could have bought around SIXTY tickets IN THE CITY SECTION. So 60 people had managed to get sought after tickets and were trying to flog them for several hundred pounds a go. And this wasn't an isolated occurence, I've checked several other sold out games with similar results. I believe there are touts who have season tickets and maximum points who buy every ticket to sell on for as much profit as possible. It would be easy for the club to find them, all they have to do is buy a ticket off a tout site, trace who it was sold to and ban the perpetrator from buying any more tickets.
And in case you're wondering, I did get a Basel ticket in the end by paying £100, it was the only way I could get one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.