Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why that would work but Tbh I couldn’t be arsed with that. The people who buy a ticket are mugs, but at least City get the money and not an opponent

Maybe it would encourage those that buy season tickets and prefer to dodge the less glamorous games to actually go. I know some people miss dues to family, work, illness etc that's life. But if you got 20 points per game with your season ticket then 20 points on activation at the turnstiles? Then 10 points for an away game.

Earlier this season at Anfield there was a Danish guy stood in front of me and my lad in the concourse, a steward walks by and the bloke goes to the steward
'where are the Liverpool fans'? the steward looking really confused asks him who he supports this is the Away end for City fans.
His reply was 'I don't support either I'm a neutral'
It's people like that who shouldn't be getting their hands on the away tickets.

Maybe it would encourage those that buy season tickets and prefer to dodge the less glamorous games to actually go. I know some people miss dues to family, work, illness etc that's life. But if you got 20 points per game with your season ticket then 20 points on activation at the turnstiles? Then 10 points for an away game.
Yeah I’m not really against it per se but the ones who miss the less glamourous surely are not the one claiming they should have access to premium away tickets?

Earlier this season at Anfield there was a Danish guy stood in front of me and my lad in the concourse, a steward walks by and the bloke goes to the steward
'where are the Liverpool fans'? the steward looking really confused asks him who he supports this is the Away end for City fans.
His reply was 'I don't support either I'm a neutral'
It's people like that who shouldn't be getting their hands on the away tickets.
Same happens at all the big games.
I was in the top tier of the Chelsea away end when a lad pulls out his Chelsea scarf and puts it round his neck.
I had a word with the steward and said it might be a good idea to remove him in case someone decided to tighten his scarf for him

Same happens at all the big games.
I was in the top tier of the Chelsea away end when a lad pulls out his Chelsea scarf and puts it round his neck.
I had a word with the steward and said it might be a good idea to remove him in case someone decided to tighten his scarf for him

Upper tier at Chelsea was a joke. Or certainly, my block was. There had clearly been a whole block of seats siphoned off to be sold on to tourists and I got plonked right in the middle of it. There were Boca fans, River Plate fans, loads of Brazilians and loads of Belgians.

Liverpool away in the league last season was by far the worst I've seen though. Got in the ground about 45 minutes before kick off and walked up to my seat. There were little blocks of seats already filled all over our end with countless half and half scarves or foreign club scarves. Farcical

I wonder how many of the away tickets end up on reseller sites such as viagogo, ticketbis etc....
There is the problem. Because I don’t think it’s the odd few.

I think I said words similar to this on the other thread but this topic has been going round in circles for as long as I've been a member on this site. It matters to about 4 games out of 60 that we will play.

One thing I've always picked up on over the years is people cannot get their heads round the fact there are so many people who regularly go. There's probably 500-750 that go to 90%+ of domestic games.

Really good idea that and i've mentioned it myself on this forum.
Points added for home attendees and double points taken off for absentees. Of course, there will be supporters arguing they cannot go due to an emergency situation arising. Fine, it can happen to anyone and has happened to me, but let's say after 2 games unattended, 3 game the points deduction starts.

When i cannot go i try and shift my ticket to a friend, and most times i have. It just irks me to see empty seats dotted about the stadium because a lot nowadays simply cannot be arsed going. I've been accused of being an empty seats counter on here. I just cannot fathom out why so many choose not to attend games for whatever reason. Twenty years ago most blues would have walked barefoot on broken glass from Piccadilly to hang from the rafters to get a glimpse of the football we play nowadays. I appreciate the quality of football we play and i don't want to miss a minute of it when I'm at games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.