Aymeric Laporte - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Salah made his way out of Laporte's back pocket yet , superb performance from the big man , playing out of position and his comfort zone against the Egyptian dive machine and Laporte excelled , best defender in the world , Van Dick is a gobshite who just hoofs it into row Z not even comparable as footballers
According to the commentators on NBCSN, Van Dijk is a visionary, that knows when to “just clear it” rather than “trying to bring it down and play it.”

Now, I will concede he is a very good defender. Maybe even good enough to be third-choice in our side. But a visionary he is not.

Eric is a visionary. John is a visionary.

Van Dijk is a missionary of the Kloppite sect.

I thought he did well.

Was more impressive going forward more than I expected at times, and with who he was facing did not really do too much wrong.

I may rate him ahead of Delph after that performance, and Nico (especially) and Vinnie probably happier if that happens as I suspect they want more games.

I thought he did well.

Was more impressive going forward more than I expected at times, and with who he was facing did not really do too much wrong.

I may rate him ahead of Delph after that performance, and Nico (especially) and Vinnie probably happier if that happens as I suspect they want more games.
As a stop-gap LB, Laporte was awesome. Salah was largely contained and we didn't seem to have any major defensive issues down our left side.

Still, this was a stop-gap; Laporte is one of the very best CB's in world football; at LB, he's adequate cover.

Something that probably worked at LB that didn't last year is how much less rash he is in decision making. Last season he was always looking to move play forwards and get up himself which as great a mentality as it is, often meant he was in a heap of bother defensively afterwards if it didn't work. Especially in the often isolated LB role.

This time out he picked his moments much more wisely. It meant he and we were far better equipped at dealing with counterattacks. He wasn't alone; the whole team were better at this and it made a big difference; but along with Fernandinho he was one of the players who's most markedly improved in this regard so I figured it was worth mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.