Aymeric Laporte - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't mean that. If it does happen to just ours , why do you think that is. Do we only employ incompetent medical staff? Or alternatively do you like me know nothing about recovering from long term knee injuries.

I've had the same injury Laporte has had playing football, albeit without being an elite professional athlete and having the considerable support structure given/available to him in order to recover.

As to what the exact issue could be is anyone's guess as there are a myriad of factors at play, is it a load issue, pressure to return, is it the methodology and practice of the people we employ, is it Cugat who promises quick returns but has had his methods doubted. Who knows exactly. You'd need to have an initimate knowledge of how we operate, hence why I think the club needs to sit down and have a serious review in the way the entire medical operations run.

I'm definitely no expert but I've been following many professional sports for years and know enough to see that this isn't normal - I don't think you have to be when a pattern starts emerges. The club gave some opaque explanation ('muscle fatigue' or whatever it was) to cover up another injury he sustained which kept him out for an additional month. Why cover it up? It's just suss.

No, I don't mean that. If it does happen to just ours , why do you think that is. Do we only employ incompetent medical staff? Or alternatively do you like me know nothing about recovering from long term knee injuries.

I am sure there are statoes on here who will prove me wrong but other than Newcastle I cannot think of another team in the Prem who consistently seem to have key players injured long term. Certainly not Liverpool. When was the last time they had a key player injured for any length of time. Its cant just be luck. In the time we have lost Kev, Vinny, Sane, Gundo, Stones, And I am sure I have missed some...they have probably had Salah, missing a couple of games and thats it. Apart from VAR and other methods of cheating that is a big reason why they have well and truly handed us our arses as far as the league goes.

I understand that it is a lot more difficult to phase a Centre Half back in but I do think it should have been managed a lot better than it has.

A player who has asked to be substituted 4 days earlier, shouldn't then be expected to start a match 4 days later either.

We really need to start using our U23's for phasing players back in after major injuries such as this one. The level doesn't matter but training can't replicate matches and it's so difficult to just give a centre half 15 minutes here or there in real high pressure games to get him back up to speed.

Said it before, will say it again - looks like we've cocked this up badly, and not only with Laporte.

Our medical staff, injury management, and use of Cugat need serious questioning and review IMO.
Stop it,after so long out it's always stop start coming back

Stop it,after so long out it's always stop start coming back

Could have been handled much better though. Shouldn't have been thrown into a rough and tumble match at Bramall Lane from the start and then probably shouldn't have started 3 in a week, especially having asked to be substituted in the 2nd of those.

Dont think we will see him again this season sadly.

Are you in the know on this one BM23 or just instinct.

Definitely as others have pointed out pulled up a little sore after Sheff Utd and Leicester , didn't want to let the team down in what to date is our most important game of the season given the points we have dropped in the league.

Pep won't say it but he knows the obvious we are less prone to silly errors when he plays and he is first to be pencilled in when available.

Imagine a fit Laporte and Vinny at their peak week in and week out.

Sadly our best seem to miss a lot through injury and in this case it was clearly a gamble to play him that back fired in his case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.