#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potentially another 37 games to go in 4 1/2 months - he'll get plenty of game time even if he remains 3rd choice.
And, of course, the opportunity to reclaim his place if one of Stones or Dias is injured. That's assuming Eric is fit himself..

Only discovered the other day that Stones. Ake and Laporte all share the same agent.

Potentially another 37 games to go in 4 1/2 months - he'll get plenty of game time even if he remains 3rd choice.
And, of course, the opportunity to reclaim his place if one of Stones or Dias is injured. That's assuming Eric is fit himself..

Only discovered the other day that Stones. Ake and Laporte all share the same agent.
Theres no way he excepts being third choice hes one of the beat center backs in the world he can pretty much get into any team he wants. Im very worried he'll leave for barca or madrid in the summer.

I’d rather us sign a proper left back than carry on putting make shift ones on that side as it does make us week and teams will expose it . As for Laporte if he doesn’t or can’t get back into the team then he will almost certainly move on which will be a huge mistake to let that happen . Top centre half’s are very hard to get hold off and to actually let a world class one go is crazy in my eyes but I do get the situation that stones is playing well aswell but I do think Dias and Laporte is better in the long run .
So what should we do? Bench and breakup the best Combo we've seen in years? Just on a hunch that a different combo might be better?

Here is the thing, while Larpote has been more consistent playing at a high level (his mistakes here and there notwithstanding), John Stones highest level has actually been higher than Laporte's just not as consistent.

So while Larpote has been a better player in there time here overall, John's peaks have been higher. If John can stay consistently near his peak, he's a better player than Laporte.

And right now Dias's leadership makes him undropable. So either Laporte joins a 3 man rotation dependent on form or sadly he has to leave if he choose.

We sure as heck aren't gonna drop a better playing footballer on fear that another footballer not playing as well might leave.

Makes no sense to me. I say he stays, there's be injuries vrotations and loss of form that will keep all 3 ( perhaps 4 when pretty boy gets healthy) with enough games.

Theres no way he excepts being third choice hes one of the beat center backs in the world he can pretty much get into any team he wants. Im very worried he'll leave for barca or madrid in the summer.
Then he leaves.

He won’t leave. It’ll be Dias and Laporte as our main centre backs before too long. I am ecstatic with Stones’ form but it feels like people have quickly forgotten just how good Laporte is. Selling him would be a mistake.

He won’t leave. It’ll be Dias and Laporte as our main centre backs before too long. I am ecstatic with Stones’ form but it feels like people have quickly forgotten just how good Laporte is. Selling him would be a mistake.
I agree selling him would be a really bad mistake and hopefully it will never happen . I can understand that atm John stones is playing probaby the best football of his career and we can’t drop him though . Good problem to have for pep though .

No way we should sell Laporte. People are forgetting how good he is.

I don't even think he could be labeled a "backup". He hasn't been fit, and Stones and Dias have been in phenomenal form. Injuries, rough patches, and rest/rotation can and will happen. We have 3 phenomenal CBs to choose from (and that's probably selling Ake short, who I really rate and is no slouch himself), which is a wonderful problem to have.

No way we should sell Laporte. People are forgetting how good he is.

I don't even think he could be labeled a "backup". He hasn't been fit, and Stones and Dias have been in phenomenal form. Injuries, rough patches, and rest/rotation can and will happen. We have 3 phenomenal CBs to choose from (and that's probably selling Ake short, who I really rate and is no slouch himself), which is a wonderful problem to have.
Again, you guys seem to all be missing the point: NO ONE wants to sell Laporte. But the view has been that he won't settle for being 3rd fiddle and would rather leave...I.e. "He would demand to leave."

I don't see it myself, but if he does then we'd have no choice. So long as John and Dia's are in this mode (which granted, they won't be in forever) he simply CANT start ahead of either!

And for the record, no one has forgotten how good Laporte is, he's simply hasn't been in any partnership this effective. And therefore there is no reason to artificially re-insert him. He simply has to wait until this purple patch is over and then outperform whoever is ahead of him.

Performance and NOT reputation is what should determine who plays.

Again, you guys seem to all be missing the point: NO ONE wants to sell Laporte. But the view has been that he won't settle for being 3rd fiddle and would rather leave...I.e. "He would demand to leave."

I don't see it myself, but if he does then we'd have no choice. So long as John and Dia's are in this mode (which granted, they won't be in forever) he simply CANT start ahead of either!

And for the record, no one has forgotten how good Laporte is, he's simply hasn't been in any partnership this effective. And therefore there is no reason to artificially re-insert him. He simply has to wait until this purple patch is over and then outperform whoever is ahead of him.

Performance and NOT reputation is what should determine who plays.
Okay, calm down ... I'm not missing any point or saying he should be "artificially re-inserted". Just stating my opinion he shouldn't be sold and it's a good thing to have multiple CBs to be confident it.

Both of our right backs are playing their best football they’ve played for the club, but left back is still an issue.

I’d play Laporte at left back. He’s played there before, very well as well (Liverpool at home two years ago he was excellent!).

Walker/Cancelo———Stones———Dias———Laporte

Walker and Cancelo can get forward and Laporte can hold back.

This would also be a good line-up for Fernandinho in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.