Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four CB's would be enough. But you've listed 3 & 2/5ths there. Kompany is now a liability and Denayer can play RB.

I'll know I'm right regarding Pep, Mangal when he gets sold. If we start the season with six CB's then I'll have been wrong.

You're just wrong and it's being borne out by who the manager is buying.
The fact that we were trying to force Mangala out on loan (seemingly against his will) at the end of the window last summer tells me that someone influential at the club has pretty much made their mind up on him and if Pep really did rate him then I doubt that would have been sanctioned. Personally I don't think he's any worse than Ottamendi but I'd be fairly surprised if he's still around come August/September.

The fact that we were trying to force Mangala out on loan (seemingly against his will) at the end of the window last summer tells me that someone influential at the club has pretty much made their mind up on him and if Pep really did rate him then I doubt that would have been sanctioned. Personally I don't think he's any worse than Ottamendi but I'd be fairly surprised if he's still around come August/September.
Unless unless he excels at Euros

This means no Stones, it's done and he's more talented then Stones in my opinion.
It is and Stones nor or Stones. Both players are targets irrespective of the acquisition of the other. It's like saying because we got Gundogan, Kroos is not a target.

Havent we already agreed to pay release clause?

Fabrizio Romano ‏@FabrizioRomano 10h10 hours ago
Talks ongoing for Laporte from Athletic Bilbao to Manchester City #MCFC #transfers
Maybe the talks are whether we pay the fee to Bilbao as a transfer or whether Laporte has to pay the release which would cost us more with taxes. Makes no difference to Bilbao but depends whether they want to be awkward over it, Maybe Txiki being Basque could smooth it over.

if report to true...Laporte's club have offered to match our wage offer to try and keep him?....Is this old news?...The report isnt in English so I've google translated below the comments...could this is be the hold up and while its taking so long?

http://www.elgoldigital.com/athletic-iguala-la-oferta-economica-del-city-retener-laporte/

ElGOLdigital.com has been told, in a last attempt for the defense to stay in San Mamés, Athletic provide 20 million bonus if the French 4 years stays in the team with a buyout clause of 30 million at the end of that period, which would match the offer of the City of 7.5 million annually.

if report to true...Laporte's club have offered to match our wage offer to try and keep him?....Is this old news?...The report isnt in English so I've google translated below the comments...could this is be the hold up and while its taking so long?

http://www.elgoldigital.com/athletic-iguala-la-oferta-economica-del-city-retener-laporte/

ElGOLdigital.com has been told, in a last attempt for the defense to stay in San Mamés, Athletic provide 20 million bonus if the French 4 years stays in the team with a buyout clause of 30 million at the end of that period, which would match the offer of the City of 7.5 million annually.

Doubt it, Bilbao can't afford to pay 160k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.