Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be in the minority but I’d rather keep Laporte and pass up Gvardiol than spend €100m on the latter and receive €33m for the former.

I know that there is an excitement that comes with signing a new talent - especially one with high prospects - and that it’s not our personal money being spent but at the end of the day I feeling like the value add of bringing in Josko and losing Laporte may be very little considering the vastness of the sums being quoted for both players.
The value is that Gvardiol is 8 years younger.

The value is that Gvardiol is 8 years younger.
I understand that but “younger” doesn’t always translate to quality. De Ligt is a case in point and while I know he didn’t come to us, many of us were jealous (given his abilities on the ball and his young age) when he went to Juve then later Bayern but we know better now.

I understand that but “younger” doesn’t always translate to quality. De Ligt is a case in point and while I know he didn’t come to us, many of us were jealous (given his abilities on the ball and his young age) when he went to Juve then later Bayern but we know better now.
Sure - and we've probably been spoilt with a run of transfers that have nearly all worked out.

But, the 29 year old player is till only likely to play at the top level for 2-3 years, and almost certainly won't have significant transfer value by then. The 21 year old could play for a decade, and is likely to increase/retain their value until their mid-20s.

If we keep Laporte, and he's happy to stay, then in 1-2 years we still need to buy a new younger CB, and his value will have dropped, while overall prices may have gone up.

Think them dicks in Trafford have a similar issue to what you say . Liverpool are picking up players half price compared to the quotes the Trafford Red socks have been quoted.
Sorry cant think of 1 player scousers have got at cut price. They paid highest ever defender transfer fee for Van Dick, more than twice Ederson fee for Allison, 60% more for Nunez than we paid for Haaland, 50m flushed down the toilet for Keita. Where are these screaming bargains you speak of?

Sorry cant think of 1 player scousers have got at cut price. They paid highest ever defender transfer fee for Van Dick, more than twice Ederson fee for Allison, 60% more for Nunez than we paid for Haaland, 50m flushed down the toilet for Keita. Where are these screaming bargains you speak of?
Mac Allister was originally quoted as a 70 million player and they paid 35 . Gkapo was linked to United the window before at 80 + and then went to Liverpool for under 40 .

We have had some shockers aswell mate . I was only talking to a mate from Norwich who is a Liverpool fan today . He knows his stuff and reckons mangala is worse than any of their flops and I struggled price wise to prove him wrong . I had forgotten about Rodwell and bony . Not to mention Scott sinclaire. Mendy was money down the drain .

I may be in the minority but I’d rather keep Laporte and pass up Gvardiol than spend €100m on the latter and receive €33m for the former.

I know that there is an excitement that comes with signing a new talent - especially one with high prospects - and that it’s not our personal money being spent but at the end of the day I feeling like the value add of bringing in Josko and losing Laporte may be very little considering the vastness of the sums being quoted for both players.
Agreed, a pacy winger and a young midfielder is needed more.
Most big teams would have more legs than the trio of Kovaic, KDb, and Rodri.
Arsenal with Rice, Odegard, and a new midfielder.
Liverpool with Slboozai, McAllister, and Lavia.
Chelsea with Enzo F and Caicedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.