Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had some shockers aswell mate . I was only talking to a mate from Norwich who is a Liverpool fan today . He knows his stuff and reckons mangala is worse than any of their flops and I struggled price wise to prove him wrong . I had forgotten about Rodwell and bony . Not to mention Scott sinclaire. Mendy was money down the drain .
14/15 was the low point, Mangala 45m, Bony 35m, Fernando 15m.

Combined worth to us, ten bob.

Philips could still turn out pretty poor, but nothing like that.

Agreed, a pacy winger and a young midfielder is needed more.
Most big teams would have more legs than the trio of Kovaic, KDb, and Rodri.
Arsenal with Rice, Odegard, and a new midfielder.
Liverpool with Slboozai, McAllister, and Lavia.
Chelsea with Enzo F and Caicedo
You might have a point there mate but the 3 teams mentioned don't have that missing player yet . No way are Liverpool paying the 50 million saints say they want for Lavia. No way are Chelsea paying or have the 100 million Brighton want for caicedo. City will be sound .

I may be in the minority but I’d rather keep Laporte and pass up Gvardiol than spend €100m on the latter and receive €33m for the former.

I know that there is an excitement that comes with signing a new talent - especially one with high prospects - and that it’s not our personal money being spent but at the end of the day I feeling like the value add of bringing in Josko and losing Laporte may be very little considering the vastness of the sums being quoted for both players.

Now think that post out?! Keep Laporte don’t buy Gvardiol a player way younger and keep our same centre backs next season! Barmy thinking!

Now think that post out?! Keep Laporte don’t buy Gvardiol a player way younger and keep our same centre backs next season! Barmy thinking!
Keeping the same centre backs that just won us the treble, whats the problem in that? The way people are disrespecting Laporte for the shiny new toy is absurd. Laporte has been a key player for us in last few years and is has just turned 29, the age where a CB enters his peak. None of our CB's is in 30's so there is no urgent need to refresh. Even If we miss out on Gvardiol and keep Laporte, I will be fine with it and not to mention saving £70 odd million aggregate on the transfer fee which can help us with getting a CM or a winger which are more pressing concerns especially if Bernie or Mahrez leave.

Keeping the same centre backs that just won us the treble, whats the problem in that? The way people are disrespecting Laporte for the shiny new toy is absurd. Laporte has been a key player for us in last few years and is has just turned 29, the age where a CB enters his peak. None of our CB's is in 30's so there is no urgent need to refresh. Even If we miss out on Gvardiol and keep Laporte, I will be fine with it and not to mention saving £70 odd million aggregate on the transfer fee which can help us with getting a CM or a winger which are more pressing concerns especially if Bernie or Mahrez leave.
Maybe Laporte just wants to leave? Maybe he doesn’t get on with Pep? Maybe he is not happy with his game time knowing he’ll be a starter elsewhere.

Maybe Laporte just wants to leave? Maybe he doesn’t get on with Pep? Maybe he is not happy with his game time knowing he’ll be a starter elsewhere.
Bernie has also been wanting to leave for years now but if the fee is not right we wont sell. Will you sell Laporte for €30 Mill as quoted in the media?. At the end of the day, Laporte is a professional and an amazing player who will do a great job if kept ala Bernie.

Bernie has also been wanting to leave for years now but if the fee is not right we wont sell. Will you sell Laporte for €30 Mill as quoted in the media?. At the end of the day, Laporte is a professional and an amazing player who will do a great job if kept ala Bernie.
Bernie is one of the first names on the team sheet, and Laporte is our 5th choice centre back. Apples and oranges.

Yes I would take 30-40m for Laporte, but I’m not the one selling/buying so I couldn’t really care less in all honesty.

And with all due respect Bernardo and Laporte are completely different levels of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.