Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernie is one of the first names on the team sheet, and Laporte is our 5th choice centre back. Apples and oranges.
Who was our first choice CB in 21-22 season and played the most minutes in that position? Stones could hardly get a game that season but was instrumental for us last season.

If we were signing Laporte from Juve with 2 years left on his contract we’d be looking at 60m.

Appreciate we’re not in a strong position because they know we’re looking to sell, but anything less than 40m is a steal.

Keeping the same centre backs that just won us the treble, whats the problem in that? The way people are disrespecting Laporte for the shiny new toy is absurd. Laporte has been a key player for us in last few years and is has just turned 29, the age where a CB enters his peak. None of our CB's is in 30's so there is no urgent need to refresh. Even If we miss out on Gvardiol and keep Laporte, I will be fine with it and not to mention saving £70 odd million aggregate on the transfer fee which can help us with getting a CM or a winger which are more pressing concerns especially if Bernie or Mahrez leave.

Keep them all except the one who started half a dozen games! at his age he too will want out!

If we lose Walker and get Gvardiol maybe I would keep Laporte but laporte will not want another season where he started hardly any games!

Be interesting once the transfer window shuts who has gone and how we have brought in..

B
If we were signing Laporte from Juve with 2 years left on his contract we’d be looking at 60m.

Appreciate we’re not in a strong position because they know we’re looking to sell, but anything less than 40m is a steal.
Buggers sold Bonnuci to Milan for 42 Mill when he was 30 in 2017. Taking into account the inflation and the sums they quote for their players, Laporte should atleast be worth 50 Mill.

I'm not sure what world some of you are living in where you think a 29 year old centre back who can hardly get a game for us is worth £50m. If we get £30m all in I'd be chuffed.

He's wanted out for years - let's say thank you and goodbye now. Gvardiol is the future.

I'm not sure what world some of you are living in where you think a 29 year old centre back who can hardly get a game for us is worth £50m. If we get £30m all in I'd be chuffed.

He's wanted out for years - let's say thank you and goodbye now. Gvardiol is the future.

This.

If he was worth £50m we wouldn't be selling him, or at the very least, not buying Gvardiol.

End of the day he is our 4th choice CB and soon to be 5th. Could you imagine us spending £50m on a 4th choice CB of Real Madrid or Bayern Munich? There would be uproar on here.

£30m is about right.

Succinctly put. Thank you.

Laporte made 24 appearances last season despite not being fully recovered from injury. It seems a few are undervaluing our current players just to bring in a shiny toy in. We can do better than £30m

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.