Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
This leaves us short at the back too in numbers if not quality. Walker, dias, stones, akanji, ake, gvardiol, lewis, that's 7 for 4 positions, there's gomez but hes never ever getting a game at the back this season. you'd typically have at least 8, maybe 9 defenders in the squad, especially when one is only 18 and a few others get regular injuries. Squad is dangerously thin everywhere, can't help but feel its going to seriously bite us in thr arse in a season where we will play more games than ever if it goes well.
I can't see us bringing in anyone until Cancelo and Laporte are gone.
THB is still with us.

This leaves us short at the back too in numbers if not quality. Walker, dias, stones, akanji, ake, gvardiol, lewis, that's 7 for 4 positions, there's gomez but hes never ever getting a game at the back this season. you'd typically have at least 8, maybe 9 defenders in the squad, especially when one is only 18 and a few others get regular injuries. Squad is dangerously thin everywhere, can't help but feel its going to seriously bite us in thr arse in a season where we will play more games than ever if it goes well.

For four positions? We more or less played with 3 defenders for the last half of last season.

In the run-in I felt that we could just about afford one injury in a few areas of the pitch. The worst though would have been Rodri injured at the same time as Stones. That's still a bit of an issue, but maybe slightly better now due to Kovacic being here.

We can't cover for every possibility though, we'd have to have a huge squad and that would bring other problems.

Would have loved to have seen him in the John Stones role. Best of luck to him, never complained, been excellent for us.

Still a top defender and always reliable, it seems he had limited choicse as we apparentley wouldn't sell to certain clubs. Good luck to the lad.

What a waste. Can't believe there isn't a top club in Europe who aren't interested in him.
I am surprised West Ham didn't go for him instead of that donkey Maguire. Laporte is still better than most centre backs in the PL but we have world class players like Stones and Dias ahead of him so I understand why he has to move.

Great player for us, not going to get game time with us so understand his wanting to leave. Hope we get decent money for him, he gets decent money for himself, and he leaves with my gratitude and best wishes.

To be fair, we thought this last season and it ended up doing the exact opposite.

Walker, Stones, Dias, Ake
Lewis, Akanji, Gvardiol, Gomez

Just as strong as the options we had last season, if not stronger if you consider Lewis' development and Gvardiol coming in for Laporte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.