Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave everything for the club and probably never fully recovered from doing so. We wring every last juice from players, and they are suitably rewarded and have the medals and memories to show it, but at only 29 it is perhaps a move that is indicative of the future.
Think that might be overdoing it slightly.
Gundo left us at 32 and looked fitter than when he came.
Fern was rivalling Methuselah when he left.
Walker is still looking sprightly.

I think some people are just luckier with genes and injuries than others. I suspect we look after the health of our players pretty well.

Who though? Barca are skint, Bayern have just signed Kim Min-jae from Napoli, PSG have just signed Hernandez from Bayern and the big Italian clubs are skint too. Maybe Madrid but they tend to sign younger players these days.
is the right answer. very little money around europe these days, that isn't centred around the prem and the teams you've mentioned above.

Think that might be overdoing it slightly.
Gundo left us at 32 and looked fitter than when he came.
Fern was rivalling Methuselah when he left.
Walker is still looking sprightly.

I think some people are just luckier with genes and injuries than others. I suspect we look after the health of our players pretty well.
Amazing what these can do to our players..

1692176699028.png

Superb player. Centre Half mistakes are often failure-critical, especially so when your team plays as high up as ours, but I reckon in the 6 seasons he’s played for us - as many have commented here through injury at he back end of 21-22 - we’ve got what we paid for, and got what we wanted. Remember the 50-yard passes, towering defending, and the headers - at Brighton, when we won the league - and Wembley, our last Carabao win.

It will be a great deal for both the player and the club, City will get a good price, Maybe above market value for a defender and Laporte gets game time,

I will say that Manchester City under Pep do balance the books so well, We use to have to sell players on quickly and take silly cut prices because we overstocked on players to find one or two good ones, The size of the squad under Pep is small but are very good players that get in most teams starting 11,

Maybe Laporte leaving will help in getting a player for KDB's injury and his future at the club, Let's not beat around the bush, KDB's best days maybe are behind him and a replacement will be needed sooner rather than later
I was hoping that KdB would never reach the stage of his career and be at the point at which David Silva and Ali Bernarbia realised that their City time had come to a close

Been fantastic for us on the whole. Sorry to see him go. Think he was well on his way to becoming the best CB in the Premier League until he fucked his knee. After that he's been a loyal servant but without ever ripping up trees. Will always be very thankful to him for that goal against Brighton and playing through injury to get us as close to the title as he could in 2022. Plus I don't think there's a defender in the world who can play vertical passes like he could. Hope he has a great time over in Saudi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.