Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any info just says Al Nassr met our valuation, does anyone know what our valuation was?

I think this belief is a tad rude and disingenuous to the Saudi League to be honest. I get it’s not currently the first thought on everyone’s mind but it reminds me of the IPL, to be a league taken seriously they need quality players. To get those players they are offering crazy deals and privileges. It won’t take long for people to start to take it seriously.

Doesn’t each team need to play a certain number of Saudi players? So, the league will remain shite if each has to play 4/5 domestic players. The 14th best centre back in the Saudi league marking Neymar is just silly. The domestic saudi players will be conference standard at best.

After a couple of seasons when he was our best defender, it is sad that he faded away.
Not sure if it was injuries or confidence, but new signings didn't help.

I still rate him as amongst the best.
I have routed for him to make a comeback, which sadly never came.

If/when he does leave, he gets my total thanks for everything he has done at City.
After Otamendi and Kompany came to their ends, I thought Stones and Laporte would be like Chiellini and Bonnucci and play together until 2026 at the back for City. It felt like we didn’t need anyone else.

But we also signed Dias and Aké who have grown into the best two defenders at the club.

Little things can swing a career, and while Laporte has won us trophies (winning goal in the final game at Brighton in 2019, EFL Cup final winning goal v Spurs) and been a big part in others (Centurions season, clawing back Liverpool in 2022), he also has some mistakes in him (Spurs CL, Lyon CL) that players like Dias and Aké just don’t seem to have in them.

As you say though, a huge thanks for all he’s done. Was sad to see him so upset after we lifted the PL trophy last season but he’ll go on to earn a shitload of money after getting medals for everything in the game now.

Not the mostly likely of destinations but at leat they are matching what our valuation is for Eric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.