Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't surprise me if this has been in the pipeline for a while. With City telling them to wait until we have Gvardiol sorted. Then with Dias and Stones getting a knock we ask them to wait another week. Would certainly explain why Laporte hasn't been linked with a club in Europe. Quick not interested when they've contacted his agent. Like others have said 2 years over there on 400k then back to Athletic Bilbao on wages they can afford.

I was hoping that KdB would never reach the stage of his career and be at the point at which David Silva and Ali Bernarbia realised that their City time had come to a close

It comes to the best of them sadly, City could have not handled him any better and in the past 2 seasons he's been outstanding and undroppable, Even when he's not been fully fit KDB demands to plays

Think that might be overdoing it slightly.
Gundo left us at 32 and looked fitter than when he came.
Fern was rivalling Methuselah when he left.
Walker is still looking sprightly.

I think some people are just luckier with genes and injuries than others. I suspect we look after the health of our players pretty well.
I don’t underplay the role our backroom and fitness staff play one bit. They have done a phenomenal job but they also have access to unparalleled data and knowledge about the individual’s body, perhaps more than the player himself, and advise the club accordingly. Walker is freakish in that he has not lost his main attribute- pace - but Gundogan, Laporte, and even de Bruyne looked understandably weary last year, much like Fernandinho in his final season.

Father Playing Time waits for nobody, and while many players would love to ‘retire’ to Barcelona and the Mediterranean lifestyle, they can’t all do so, which means we’re increasingly likely to see players follow Laporte and play in an even less demanding environment. That is going to have interesting repercussions for European football.

This might seem like an obvious question but do we know whether he has agreed terms with them or if he actually wants to move there??

I haven’t read back more than a couple pages…

Was without doubt in the top 3 best centre halves in the world before(arguably no1) his injury. Still been a very decent back up since the injury and never let us down. But he's far to good to be 5th/6th in the pecking order and I wish him all the luck in the world. We've been blessed to have players of his calibre at our club.

Personally I’m glad he’s choosing Saudi over other European clubs, I wouldn’t want him scoring against us in the EPL or Champs League.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this becomes a future trend, come to City, win a load of trophies in a few years, then cruise a couple of years for mega money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.