Back In For Sturridge

Re: Would you have Sturridge back?

Chippy_boy said:
Plus, dressing room / attitude issues. Steer well clear.
I'm sure Hart & Richards would be gutted about having him back.

Sturridge would be good, he's the kind of attacking midfield/striker hybrid that we could do with to round off our attacking options.

Mancini's been making eyes at Sturridge for months. After not much reaction from Strurridge last November when Mancini first made his comments about being baffled as to why we allowed him to walk away, it's weird that the same story has started to resurface again. BUT the difference this time is that that when asked about Mancini's comments, it's been reported that Sturridge replied that he was totally happy at, and committed to Chelsea............. BUT that he'd never say never...... Mmmmmmm

Cue all the calculations of what it'd cost us to buy him back against what compensation we've received for him from Chelsea, and whether a Tevez/Strurridge swap could be on the cards or could an Adam Johnson plus cash deal tempt Chelsea.

Tevez > Sturridge + £10m or Johnson + £5m > Sturridge........... I'd go for that.

I am amazed Mancini wants Sturridge back at City. The guy is a self-centered prick who believes the world revolves around him. He is very greedy and not a team player. All he's interested in is getting his name on the score sheet. He shoots from impossible angles instead of passing to a team mate in a better position to score. In to-day's game against the Baggies he squandered two golden opportunities in front of goal and was upset when taken off. Yet he complains about not being used as a centre forward. He is definitely overrated. The reason some of our Chelsea fans are lenient on him is because he's English. If he leaves Stamford Bridge I'll be glad to see him go. Mancini is welcome to him!

Not after seeing him make those two cock ups against West Brom.

Good footballer but not a great person, that is just judging by what i have read etc.

Looking at our squad he certainly fits the 4th striker/quick winger that many want but others want Hazard etc.

Will trust what Bobby does.

Kevin P said:
I am amazed Mancini wants Sturridge back at City. The guy is a self-centered prick who believes the world revolves around him. He is very greedy and not a team player. All he's interested in is getting his name on the score sheet. He shoots from impossible angles instead of passing to a team mate in a better position to score. In to-day's game against the Baggies he squandered two golden opportunities in front of goal and was upset when taken off. Yet he complains about not being used as a centre forward. He is definitely overrated. The reason some of our Chelsea fans are lenient on him is because he's English. If he leaves Stamford Bridge I'll be glad to see him go. Mancini is welcome to him!

With a good manager many of these problems can be solved.

Mancini would make sure he works for the team (Even AJ tracks back nowadays) and would improve his decision making tenfold.

I honestly believe its just a matter of time until he comes back.

Love to have Sturridge back but it think with FFP coming into play i'd rather give Guidetti a shot

He would count as a homegrown player because he came through our youth academy so the squad overall would be stronger for his inclusion. He would certainly have to accept rotation (which I doubt) but IMO his purchase should not be seen as barring the way to other younger talents such as Guidetti. Ideal replacement for Tevez from a squad point of view, personalities and abilty to get on with team mates I will leave that to more ITK posters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.