Back pain/sciatica

I had it so bad for a while (on several occasions) that I couldn’t even take a shit. After I’d crawled on hands and knees to the crapper and almost passed out from the pain, there was no way my virgin cornhole was releasing anything. I was pissing into a bottle lying on my back…discovered my bladder is bigger than 12 fl oz

I had it so bad for a while (on several occasions) that I couldn’t even take a shit. After I’d crawled on hands and knees to the crapper and almost passed out from the pain, there was no way my virgin cornhole was releasing anything. I was pissing into a bottle lying on my back…discovered my bladder is bigger than 12 fl oz
Been there couldn't wipe my arse excruciating pain, pissing in bottles couldn't get off the couch ,move suddenly and your screaming like a baby had tramadol, morphine, diazipan and epidural injections.
It came on quick then went quick after about 10 months I still get the odd twinge and think fuck please don't come back. My wife had to put my socks,trainers on etc and could only have strip washes as A you wasn't getting up the stairs and B no way were you getting your leg over the bath panel.

For the past 6/8 months my back has been getting steadily worse, I’ve had X-rays and been to see the “experts” diagnosed with degenerative arthritis of the spine and this is leading to really bad sciatica sometimes right leg sometimes left. I do lots of stretching now, lots of waking with my dog, however it’s the pain management I’m struggling with today I’ve had to take 800mg of ibuprofen, not ideal but needs must. Does anyone have any tips, im looking at going down the massage route but people are going on about CBD oil etc.
"Treat your own back" author Robin McKenzie.
I had sciatica for 4 years, was one day away from surgery at Salford Royal, this book sorted me in minutes. Cannot recommend it enough. Good luck, I know how back pain can also mess with your head, horrible time in my life, all good now.

I started with back pain and sciatica in September, caused by something as simple as opening the washing machine door!
For 2 months I could hardly move more than a few steps, couldn't lie on my back.
Had physio and MRI scan and currently waiting on a caudal epidural injection. Taking gabapentin and amytriptyline with the later really helping me sleep.
Definitely not been a fun few months and praying this injection is the answer. Putting weight on too and not sure if it's due to the medication or my lack of exercise or probably a combination of both

I started with back pain and sciatica in September, caused by something as simple as opening the washing machine door!
For 2 months I could hardly move more than a few steps, couldn't lie on my back.
Had physio and MRI scan and currently waiting on a caudal epidural injection. Taking gabapentin and amytriptyline with the later really helping me sleep.
Definitely not been a fun few months and praying this injection is the answer. Putting weight on too and not sure if it's due to the medication or my lack of exercise or probably a combination of both
Amytriptaline plated havoc with my weight some years ago.

I did feel a bit "groggy" in the mornings to start with but once I got in the habit of a get up and go attitude I was fine. Have you tried taking it earlier in the evenings to see if that helps?
Thanks and thanks for the good advice too. I will take them earlier. CTID

I had two forms of back pain.
That lower form (with sciatica shooting agony down my legs & walking around hunched up) & one I get from a slight twist.
I did this a few years ago putting Xmas lights up & I literally couldn’t move a mm….had to get someone to grab me ibuprofen, paracetamol & gin. Worse pain ever (up there with burst ear drum & pleurisy as a teenager).

Been a strange few days, I often get lower back pain then sciatica down my right leg/groin, this suddenly has switched to my left leg but 10 times worse now, for the last two days very little sleep, my left leg even into my big toe has been like a toothache multiplied by 1 million, then I noticed my hamstring in that leg is so tight I’m thinking it’s that, usually I’m quite supple but I couldn’t even straighten my leg when lay on my back that’s never happened before. So today I’m hobbling around and thought fuck this I’m going walking g no matter what, i took my dog on a 3 miler up and down the moors, this has eased the pain a great deal in my left leg although it still feels like I’ve been kicked by Ruben Dias, but the aching has now returned to my right leg!
I really don’t know what the hell is going on, I’m going to have a hot bath and hopefully can do some stretching as my muscles heat up, but if this is a sign of things to come I’m booking a one way trip to Switzerland.

"Treat your own back" author Robin McKenzie.
I had sciatica for 4 years, was one day away from surgery at Salford Royal, this book sorted me in minutes. Cannot recommend it enough. Good luck, I know how back pain can also mess with your head, horrible time in my life, all good now.
Even though I haven’t had any problems for a couple of years I just ordered that book from E bay $3, it had a good write up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.