Baconface Rant (Merged)

Rammyblues said:
Next stunt should be to pay for all the trams to be in City colours with the poster inside everyone.

Just put one up on every road into Manchester from Trafford and Salford, in fact just make it EVERY road into Manchester.

Can we get another collection going..?

Its so ironic that he's saying (the twat on talkshyte) that the banner is a smalltime kinda' thing...when discussing said banner on a nationwide radio show..

Said banner has probably generated millions of pounds of free advertising...Shit we have even got our biggest rivals putting a word in and in a funny sort of way, Bigging up the City profile worldwide.

Marketing expertise at its best.

Pam said:
He is from the Guardian. You can expect no better.

What quality paper do you read that has objective journalists with balanced and fair views?

This is all great motivation to go for it next year. He's very worried, it's unusual for them to be talking about ANY team this much, let alone us. Will be interesting to see if anyone from City responds. Personally I wouldn't rise to it.

Pam said:
Are you sure? I thought they said NOW, Neil Ashton, but he doesn't sound anything like Neil Ashton (used to be on Setanta's Football Matters).

Who is it?

The Chelsea fans have a laugh too...

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=515374

Chelsea - The Manchester City Conundrum!
All eyes continue to focus on Manchester City.

With the John Terry situation still being manipulated by the media, Manchester City continues to be the most news worthy club at this moment in time.

Indeed, you get the feeling that such a plethora of news articles relating to City is starting to get under the skin of Sir Alex Ferguson who has spat with venom from his training camp,

"They are a small club with a small mentality."

However, with such an enormous cash influx there is no doubt that City have the capability to gate-crash the big-four and an old favourite of ours, the Special One, has his money on City being the surprise package this season having remarked,

"Adebayor up front with Carlo Tevez - unbelievable! And they have Roque Santa Cruz and Robiho too!"

"That`s it, City are champions for sure."

Clearly Jose hasn`t looked any further than the forward line!

But what do the playing staff of Chelsea make of the situation?

Obviously, John Terry hasn`t seen fit to step forward and make a few comments but his close associate and friend, Frank Lampard has. Indeed, Frank seems to have summed the situation up perfectly for us, when he remarks in a leading tabloid,

"They are buying big, spending a lot of money, bringing in quality players - but whether they can all gel together straight away remains to be seen."

"Because while you can spend, spend, spend, the one thing you can`t buy is chemistry."

"Obviously, there is huge expectation but whether they can do in their first season, who knows?"

"But, yes, it is possible and it`s clear they are going to have a real crack at it."

"I remember when Roman first came to Chelsea it was a similar situation but, remember, we didn`t win the league in the very first season, we came second with Claudio Ranieri."

"Then Jose Mourinho came in and we won back-to-back titles which shows it can be done - but it does take a bit of time."

"You need the right manager and a period of time for him to work and for the team to gel."

Now is our Frank having a slight dig at Mark Hughes?

Where do you, our readership, expect Manchester City to finish this season?

And do you find it amusing that Sir Alex seems a little befuddled by their methods?

Re: Adebayor was 'desperate' not to join City, claims Ferguson

As Soon as the anal dirt patch opened his jib i thought 'we've got him'.... Felt like when morphius is saved by neo and he witnesses him doing a cowboy impression with a helicopter..... He's the one,still sends a shudder down the spine.

time for the young apprentice to kick the darth 'anal invaders' ass.
The force is strong in this one:)

Corky said:
Pam said:

What quality paper do you read that has objective journalists with balanced and fair views?

There isn't one. There are no such thing as quality papers, either. This guy is a walking expose of that fact.

The news reader on Talk Shite is taking the piss out of Fergie, bless her. Says she thought the poster was quite funny and wondered if we'd "touched a nerve". Clearly, she has no class.

Dobsy87 said:
This is all great motivation to go for it next year. He's very worried, it's unusual for them to be talking about ANY team this much, let alone us. Will be interesting to see if anyone from City responds. Personally I wouldn't rise to it.
I agree. It's one thing for us to make our opinion clear (by judicious use of teh internets...comment sections in newspapers - and not just in the UK, blogs, forums etc.), but it's quite another for Cook and Hughes to say anything. I don't think they should say anything if asked (and they probably will be if the opportunity arises).

Well...okay, I think City should issue a short, terse, press release omitting a subject header:

Opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.