Badstuber

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be being slow here but if his contract runs out at the end of the season then why are they only interested in loaning him out? Surely they would be better off getting whatever they can for him now????

Maybe because they hope his injury strife is over and if they loan him and he's a success they will offer him a new contract then (It's been said bayern would like to keep him if he's fit), if he ends up crocked again then they will let him go unburdened of a payout on his contract.

Of course thats risky because he then may choose to go somewhere else but for bayern there may be a thought that there is no risk involved

Dunno if this sounds crazy or not.

Maybe Badstuber wants a new contract and Bayern are open to giving him a new contract,but are not willing to risk letting him prove his fitness with them?

Urban genie beat me to it.

Holger Badstuber has agreed to a 6-month loan move to City, with only a few details left before completion. [@PhilipHarmeling]

Harmeling's pretty good so this looks done, and a common sense move to suit all parties.

I'm guessing this is why Pablo was sent out on loan, and the fact Badstuber wont be standing in his way come June is a positive.

Looks like this might well be happening. I think it's worth a punt as a short term solution.

I might be being slow here but if his contract runs out at the end of the season then why are they only interested in loaning him out? Surely they would be better off getting whatever they can for him now????
Because they want to keep him. Badstuber is a Bayern youth academy product and they've already made it clear earlier that they will stand by him no matter what happens. Even if he turns into a sports invalid they'd offer him a future with the club. Bayern are an "old fashioned" club in that respect.

Bit strange to choose City though; he won't be eligible to play CL as he played against Rostov for Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.