Bale to City in the Summer?

Bobby Taylor's Pub Team said:
Didsbury Dave said:
When we paid £3m for Lee Bradbury it was practically all the cash we had raised from a share issue. So it was a disaster for the club as we had no money left.

The situation now is different. It's a drop in the ocean.

Of course we get ripped off, that's because we are absolutely loaded.

Put it this way, the money we have lost on Robinho and RSC together would probably buy this player.

I'm saying the reputation of what I still perceive as "my" club is important to me, and sometimes the throwing around of money has embarrassed or annoyed me, whether I'm talking 15 years ago or today. Valuing Bradbury at 3mill devalued the man, nothing's changed and I still have my humanity. These numbers are huge and significant, particularly in these hard times.

Embarrassed you in front of who?

Don't you feel proud your club can afford these fees?

I'm guessing you get shit from your United mates and that's what worrying you....

Didsbury Dave said:

I'm guessing you get shit from your United mates and that's what worrying you....

Whether x is richer than y is nothing to be proud about, what a childish notion.

United aren't in any position to throw stones, so no I'm not concerned about them.

Bobby Taylor's Pub Team said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Whether x is richer than y is nothing to be proud about, what a childish notion.

United aren't in any position to throw stones, so no I'm not concerned about them.

Nowt childish about being proud of City, mate.

Which fees paid to date embarrassed you and in front of who?

Didsbury Dave said:
mancity1 said:
a laughing stock.

Noone in football is laughing at City. The whole game envies us.

I would say jealousy in some quarters DD but not envy yet but hopefully in years to come.

It will take a lot longer though if we continue to pay over the market for players who don't perform.

Do you honestly think Moyes and Fat Sam to name but two didn't have a quiet chuckle at us at some stage last and this season.

They may have cried poor to the press at the time with crocodile tears but in the boardrooms of Blackburn and Everton they were laughing all the way to the bank and beyond.

Would love to see how 50m on bale would affect the balance sheet concerning the financial fair play rules.

10.Goater_Legend said:
Complete and utterly twisted Mancini's words has the Metro.
Totally agree, Mancini was saying he would be a top target for the leading European Clubs. I suspect he will go to Real madrid if he leaves. With new financial regs coming in we wont be able to balance the books if we carry on "blasting other clubs out of the water".

mancity1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Noone in football is laughing at City. The whole game envies us.

I would say jealousy in some quarters DD but not envy yet but hopefully in years to come.

It will take a lot longer though if we continue to pay over the market for players who don't perform.

Do you honestly think Moyes and Fat Sam to name but two didn't have a quiet chuckle at us at some stage last and this season.

They may have cried poor to the press at the time with crocodile tears but in the boardrooms of Blackburn and Everton they were laughing all the way to the bank and beyond.

i'd say there's huge envy of our financial situation.

Yes, we paid over the odds for those two players but I don't really care hugely. What matters is that we keep improving. And Lescott's an integral part of our squad.

If a player is available to take us to the next level again - Champions League success - then we should pay what it takes as long as we can afford it and the FPP situation is being factored in.

you'd think the league would appreciate City splashing that much money around. It helps make the league more competitive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.