Ballet on ice .

That was a nice watch, lots of quality on show given the conditions! Bit before my time... (born in '90) ; \

I am led to believe we were pretty cunning that day.

The studs were the old leather type that were nailed on to the boots and Alison got the back room staff to remove a layer of the leather from all the studs.

This had the effect as the game wore on that the city players had extra grip as the nails started to protrude as the remaining leather wore down.

I don't know if anybody else heard that story?

Gray said:

The studs were the old leather type that were nailed on to the boots and Alison got the back room staff to remove a layer of the leather from all the studs.

This had the effect as the game wore on that the city players had extra grip as the nails started to protrude as the remaining leather wore down.

I very much doubt it.

Screw in stud boots were the order of the day by then, most first division players wore Adidas "Santiago" boots in 1967/8.

16kv2s.jpg

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Gray said:

I very much doubt it.

Screw in stud boots were the order of the day by then, most first division players wore Adidas "Santiago" boots in 1967/8.

16kv2s.jpg
Had the very same boots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.