7. Alvarez
9. Silva
25. Gvardiol
30. Dias

Team of the Season: City

Best Striker: Haaland

Best Keeper (Runner up): Ederson

Not a bad night.
I thought that Gundo should have gone up to the podium with the rest of the lads to collect the team of the year award. After all he was our captain and a massive part of that team

Correct winner. Greatest ever and carried Argentina to the biggest trophy of the lot.
Eh, it’s not even the correct Argentine in the WC winning team. If they gave it to an Argentine, how about the one who won the WC and a European treble?

So if Haaland didn't win today after scoring 56 goals and winning the treble this means he has basically 0 chance to win in it since it's almost impossible for him to win any title for Denmark... What I also didn't get is how Buono was rated higher than Emi Martinez but Martinez won gk of the year.

Thought Erl would win the Striker award, what Bellingham won seemed a rather ordinary shortlist. Very upset that Eddie looking like a proper bond villain henchman didn't win the keeper award. Martinez highlights even showed him way off his line during a shoot out. Eddie can console himself with the amount and sheer variety of winners medals he already has .

Operation vanity project limped to a dribble with a very ordinary English player extolling the cockney rags. Just turned it off. Messi had a career had already got awards when he was at his peak, noone will have a season like Erling has had. Kevin wisely didn't turn up. Without being a twat, how eloquently did our players come across? Bernie, Rodri and Erl. As they were getting up there was a shared smile with Gundo too.

Contrast that with Bellingham who yeah is confident, but came across as arrogant rather than humble. Any bonus points for the blonde woman, couldn't really follow what she said, but wasn't listening too hard.

Finally I think international football is of a much lower standard than European or even premier league so winning a world cup isn't quite what it was when Pele or Maradonna or Ronaldo did it. Equally some of the absolute weapons who voted, surprised we finished so highly.

Forget Messi... that was just a sentimental award for probably his last ever visit to this ceremony

The real winners are City.... best striker in the world award, best club in the world award, 3 of the best 5 players in the world

Who'd 'a' thought that when you were trudging out of the kippax after losing at home to Lincoln City not that many years ago

"NOT IN MY LIFETIME"
Where is the love this post button. Bang on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.