Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

Thought Erl would win the Striker award, what Bellingham won seemed a rather ordinary shortlist. Very upset that Eddie looking like a proper bond villain henchman didn't win the keeper award. Martinez highlights even showed him way off his line during a shoot out. Eddie can console himself with the amount and sheer variety of winners medals he already has .

Operation vanity project limped to a dribble with a very ordinary English player extolling the cockney rags. Just turned it off. Messi had a career had already got awards when he was at his peak, noone will have a season like Erling has had. Kevin wisely didn't turn up. Without being a twat, how eloquently did our players come across? Bernie, Rodri and Erl. As they were getting up there was a shared smile with Gundo too.

Contrast that with Bellingham who yeah is confident, but came across as arrogant rather than humble. Any bonus points for the blonde woman, couldn't really follow what she said, but wasn't listening too hard.

Finally I think international football is of a much lower standard than European or even premier league so winning a world cup isn't quite what it was when Pele or Maradonna or Ronaldo did it. Equally some of the absolute weapons who voted, surprised we finished so highly.
Now I'm no expert with regards to fashion but young Bellingham looked a right twat in that jacket and trouser combo.

So if Haaland didn't win today after scoring 56 goals and winning the treble this means he has basically 0 chance to win in it since it's almost impossible for him to win any title for Denmark... What I also didn't get is how Buono was rated higher than Emi Martinez but Martinez won gk of the year.
It would be really difficult for Haaland to win anything with Denmark!

So if Haaland didn't win today after scoring 56 goals and winning the treble this means he has basically 0 chance to win in it since it's almost impossible for him to win any title for Denmark... What I also didn't get is how Buono was rated higher than Emi Martinez but Martinez won gk of the year.
Oh dear !! Wum I hope

Stats can make Rashford and Maguire look good mate, you need to up your game to prove your point…!
I would talk about eye test but then it gets subjective. Haaland was a contender because he scored 56 goals and won the trable. You have to consider numbers if you don't want to get into a useless subjective argument.

Did you watch Argentina's full games during the World cup? Serious question, because I can't understand anyone that did, laughing at the idea of Messi having a legendary WC. I can understand arguing in favour of other players having the best individual performance ever (like Maradona or Pele), but to act as if Messi doesn't deserve to be in the conversation is just baffling.

Messi's 22 WC By the numbers:

-7 goals (second most)
-3 assists (most)
-10 G+A (most ever for a WC winner)
-6 MOTM (most ever)
-Scored on every single game except one.

Even if you didn't watch the WC, you have to look at those numbers and realize it was a very special performance.
So he probably should have won Ballon Dor of the month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.