Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

Did you watch Argentina's full games during the World cup? Serious question, because I can't understand anyone that did, laughing at the idea of Messi having a legendary WC. I can understand arguing in favour of other players having the best individual performance ever (like Maradona or Pele), but to act as if Messi doesn't deserve to be in the conversation is just baffling.

Messi's 22 WC By the numbers:

-7 goals (second most)
-3 assists (most)
-10 G+A (most ever for a WC winner)
-6 MOTM (most ever)
-Scored on every single game except one.

Even if you didn't watch the WC, you have to look at those numbers and realize it was a very special performance.
4 of his 7 goals were penalties.

He got beat by Saudi Arabia.

It’s a great achievement but if it was an award for the player who had the best season last year it should have either been Haaland or Alvarez.

I always find the most interesting/telling thing about these awards is the players that come in places 5-30. I think those are the places that are less affected by history/popularity/media. And we have totally monopolized those positions. And, of only 3 defenders on the list, we have 2.

So, I feel like there is plenty to celebrate. Every award like this is pretty much a scam in some way!

Did you watch Argentina's full games during the World cup? Serious question, because I can't understand anyone that did, laughing at the idea of Messi having a legendary WC. I can understand arguing in favour of other players having the best individual performance ever (like Maradona or Pele), but to act as if Messi doesn't deserve to be in the conversation is just baffling.

-7 goals (second most)
-3 assists (most)
-6 MOTM (most ever)

Even if you didn't watch the WC, you have to look at those numbers and realize it was a very special performance.
For which he was awarded player of the tournament, look at the rest of his season and by his own standards, he was shite

-7 goals (second most)
-3 assists (most)
-6 MOTM (most ever)

MOTM is a useless stat. The others can't be argued with. He had a good tournament and a great final, but a fairly average season, overall.
Alvarez bettered him in every aspect other than the final. He bettered him over the whole season. And Erling bettered Alvarez across the season.
In short. Messi's a lucky **** and you're a raving, wet fanny, fanboy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.