Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

not surprised that Messi won it. It was determined far earlier than the end of the season because the bias is there. It's lopsided anyway because Argentina is a team of established players already shoe-in as late stages of the world cup. Argentina's ranked 3rd on FIFA and Norway's ranked 32nd. wonder why only top-flight league teams are in the top 30 BalonDor winner each year.

If Messi was Norwegian and Haaland's Argentinian, Haaland would have won by a distance with more goals. But Haaland will win BalonDor in the next few years if not next year, and the Norway national team might want to benefit from Haaland's presence. They were afterall, top 3 FIFA in the early 90s. Lars Bohinen and Leonhardsen scored 2-0 against Gascoine et al in 1993, and in Manchester City we had Ingebrigtsen scoring a hat-trick against Leicester in 1994.

Erling will win next year.

not surprised that Messi won it. It was determined far earlier than the end of the season because the bias is there. It's lopsided anyway because Argentina is a team of established players already shoe-in as late stages of the world cup. Argentina's ranked 3rd on FIFA and Norway's ranked 32nd. wonder why only top-flight league teams are in the top 30 BalonDor winner each year.

If Messi was Norwegian and Haaland's Argentinian, Haaland would have won by a distance with more goals. But Haaland will win BalonDor in the next few years if not next year, and the Norway national team might want to benefit from Haaland's presence. They were afterall, top 3 FIFA in the early 90s. Lars Bohinen and Leonhardsen scored 2-0 against Gascoine et al in 1993, and in Manchester City we had Ingebrigtsen scoring a hat-trick against Leicester in 1994.

Erling will win next year.
No chance, they are already bigging up Bellingham for it, unless we win the CL again Haaland won’t win.

No doubt Messi is up there with the GOAT..
Last night he had no business being in the top 20, that trophy has never been about a player being in a team that won a world cup.

Messi was pretty poor at PSG and scoring in the USA isn’t relevant at all…

Haaland was robbed, pure and simple, last night put the nail in the coffin of this award …

Eddie was robbed blind too… !
Apologies if this has already been posted - but well said that man................
1698830946953.png

It's a public vote , so of course this will happen .The type of people who vote , keep voting the tories in
Same as the Ballon Dor, it gave many City hating people (journalists, people in the game etc) to influence a negative outcome against City which they can influence. Lord Winters vote tells you everything you need to know!

I think all the obvious bias in many things too numerous to list ,but we all know them,from the petty ,Pardew getting MOTY over Bobby Manc to the serious ,accusing our owners and by implication the accounting firms of fiddling ,what too them is a paltry amount,has backfired.
I believe that Pep and our owners really do "get it "with us and it has reinforced their desire become the super power of football.
If the powers that be had treated us fairly, then perhaps we would have been just another investment.
Sorry ,rant over, but I feel better.

How did I miss last year ? I dont remember City winning team of the year, I thought this was the first time.

Probably because we didn't have a genuine contender with a chance of winning it. Yes we've had players nominated, but they were never going to win it. Haaland, despite us all knowing the outcome well in advance, did actually have a right case to win it.

This was my first time ever watching the ceremony or the end part of it. For that very reason, it seemed pointless previously, so wouldn't bother and would just read about it the next day.

Will be interesting to see how close he actually got, once the final points/votes are revealed.

He won trophies with 3 different teams. Best WC ever. Historic 20/20 season in France. Won a tittle with the worst team in the MLS. Had more goal contributions than Haaland. He wasn't shite at all.
Best World Cup ever ? It's all about opinions but I suspect you are too young to remember 1970 in Mexico.
Now that was IMHO the best in my lifetime. The quality of football was outstanding from start to finish. From a FIFA point of view the success of Qatar was the size of bungs received in exchange for staging the tournament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.