Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

Best World Cup ever ? It's all about opinions but I suspect you are too young to remember 1970 in Mexico.
Now that was IMHO the best in my lifetime. The quality of football was outstanding from start to finish. From a FIFA point of view the success of Qatar was the size of bungs received in exchange for staging the tournament.
Spain 82 is up there too

Best World Cup ever ? It's all about opinions but I suspect you are too young to remember 1970 in Mexico.
Now that was IMHO the best in my lifetime. The quality of football was outstanding from start to finish. From a FIFA point of view the success of Qatar was the size of bungs received in exchange for staging the tournament.
I think he’s saying the best ever individual performance from any player in any WC ever Nate, not that the WC itself was the greatest.

He’s wrong either way though.

I love Julian but he doesn't deserve to be even in the discussion. This award doesn't go to the guy that won the most, but the player that had the best individual season. It was either Messi or Haaland. Seeing how the WC was always the biggest deciding factor in WC seasons, I understand why Messi won it. I would have been fine with Haaland winning it too. I don't think anyone can scream robbery either way.
It wasn’t in the previous few world cup years so that’s nonsense for a start

I’m pretty sure it isn’t mate but the point remains :-)

Arguably, yes. I would question the year he narrowly pipped Lewandowski to it as well, myself. But yeah over his 15 odd years, he certainly deserved a total of 8 awards. This year should not have been one of them.

I love Julian but he doesn't deserve to be even in the discussion. This award doesn't go to the guy that won the most, but the player that had the best individual season. It was either Messi or Haaland. Seeing how the WC was always the biggest deciding factor in WC seasons, I understand why Messi won it. I would have been fine with Haaland winning it too. I don't think anyone can scream robbery either way.
lol how and why was messi’s best individual season compared to woolian ?
Messi won wc and farmers cup whereas woolian won wc , uefa , pl and fa cup.
How can you say without a tinted glass that woolian doesn’t deserve to be even in the discussion is beyond me ?

That Brazil team (Pele, Gerson, Tostao, Jairzinho, Rivelino, Carlos Alberto, I hope I spelled them better than Joe Mercer pronounced them) stayed with me to this day. Best football I’d seen from 1970 to 2017, bettered now by a city. That was a great World Cup, best ever, none of this 32 teams nonsense either

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.