Ballon d'Or 2023 | Haaland finishes 2nd

Like all these awards, it means nothing. They are just marketing exercises, not to be taken seriously. I refer you to manager of the year awards and the early attempts to keep Pep out. Winners Alan Pardew, Tony Pulis anyone?

Like all these awards, it means nothing. They are just marketing exercises, not to be taken seriously. I refer you to manager of the year awards and the early attempts to keep Pep out. Winners Alan Pardew, Tony Pulis anyone?
They've not done a good job of keeping Pep out considering he's won it four times.

Haaland doesn’t score important goals, so I understand why he’s been overlooked. Rodri would be my choice to win it this year - THE decisive player for the best club side in 2023. But Messi has the World Cup that FIFA ensured he won, and this will be the final year he realistically win it so of course it’ll be his.

Haaland doesn’t score important goals, so I understand why he’s been overlooked. Rodri would be my choice to win it this year - THE decisive player for the best club side in 2023. But Messi has the World Cup that FIFA ensured he won, and this will be the final year he realistically win it so of course it’ll be his.
Your definition of "important" goals is interesting. Last year Haaland scored against Arsenal, Liverpool, United (3), Spurs, Dortmund, and Bayern (2). You'll have to do better than that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.